Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn signal old style to solid state questions

Sometimes, we just have bad days : )
    Or He was teaching an apprentice to use the punch.

There are really lots and lots of good pictures in that album Jeepdan posted.

Especially interesting, (One of Many)... are the pics of the front spring shackles,
    How bad the Orig. ones were, how hard they were to remove ( in pieces), how the front springs had twisted and the binders broke,,,
    And how he put them back in with a come a long hoist to square the springs, after new bushings.

All i could think of when looking at those particular pics was my recent experience with the "Death Wobble"...

And after rebuilding the front dana 60 and getting rid of the NDT's...

This is what I didnt Do...

And I sure need to it seems, after seeing this.

Not to mention the awesome Metal work and Paint and Prep...

But I was glad to find out about this stuff too...

To kill rust and prevent more from forming inside the frame...

Gotta find this stuff...

Really a cool album...
    I learned a bunch...

His truck had the Slave receptacle behind the drivers door also...

hostis est intra portas tuas

The guy had probably just been chewed-out by his supervisor for not making a good impression with the stamp.

Brute4c...Muchas Gracias! for the info on the turn signal conversion. That was just what I had hoped for. I've called and ordered one and your 'how to' will save a huge amount of time. I really appreciate it.
    Dan, I'll talk to you later.
    For the rest of you...PLEASE bear in mind that this isn't really a restoration like (Jeep)Dan's beauty.
    The owner wanted a basically stock appearing but mechanically updated 715 to use as a driver. So, no real detail work on the frame/suspension, etc as this will be purely a driver, and not even garage kept.
    The photo albums are so that the owners can keep an eye on progress without having to make a trip to the shop and by no means a how to's!
    Thanks for the kind comments.
    Greg

Does anyone have the part number and where to get a 12v version of the solid state flasher?

The solid state unit runs on 12 volt and 24 volt....one of the advantages to using it because you can have a stock truck, convert to 12 volts and the turn signals are good to go...just change the bulbs!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!