Thread: kingpin issues?

Default kingpin issues?

where can you find parts for the front axles. I have if my memory is still functioning, mainly a rt lower kingpin that is bad and figured its time to se about getting it fixed before I tow or wheel it too much more. its got bad enough to eat a set of tires up in a little over 1400 miles, ndt's on front and caused a blowout. (towing back from Col.)
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

I know Memphis has the kingpin stuff...

Sorry bout the trouble towing...I think Barrman is absolutely correct...these trucks werent really designed for flat towing across big distances.

i have to agree with Tim and I think as far as flat towing several things come into play. driveshaft removed, front lockouts, bearings packed and everything full of fluids along with a good tight front end and good tires. I was able to tow the ice creamer about 70 mph without any trouble when I put the same tires back on mine after the front tire blew out. one of the most important things is to back off the brakes all the way so that no brake drag can happen. ive had several problems flat towing mine including losing the right rear axle with hub, wheel and tire still attached.
    you are far better off hauling it on a trailer but you need a truck and trailer capable of hauling your truck. heavy duty tires and axles, fresh packed wheel bearings are a must. trailer brakes that work and keeping your speed down to reason as several guys have had tires blow out, ect.

I bought a set of kingpins from AB Linn a few months back. He has/had just about all the parts. You have to know what it is you want and then ask him. I tried to get a list but no go.

Warthog
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wart Hog View Post
    I bought a set of kingpins from AB Linn a few months back. He has/had just about all the parts. You have to know what it is you want and then ask him. I tried to get a list but no go.

Warthog
    thanks!
    Ill have to check with him and see if he has everything to tear it down and replace both king pins and all the seals so I can do it all at once. I havent ever changed this style king pins out before but it should be pretty simple I hope. LOL! any tips I need to know?

I have a set of lower kingpins that I no longer need. Got them from Memphis Equipment. $30.00 + shipping
    PM or post

Thanks John

there is preload shims top & bottom in most cases on the kingpins, make sure you reasemble them just like they came apart, i had a hard time finding the rubber seals on the inside part of the knuckle, felts was a bugger too. A.B.LINN HAS THE HUB SEALS CHEAP.............hope this helps ya.
    ron