Hey there guys....well I accomplished fixing a few more things on my '69.....

Got the blinkers to finally work... took apart the blinker box on the firewall....thanks to brute he told me what it was and that infact some trucks did come out with the "old school" blinkerbox like I have... not the modern 3 wire connector into a small black box with cooling fins.

We (my oldest boy and I) took apart both the blinker assembly on the steering wheel and the box on the outside firewall. With a good thorough cleaning, a blast of PB Blaster and several up and down movements on the blinker assembly, then two minor adjustments in the blinker box...one bendind a tab down to get the blinker contact to move back and forth, then the second one to bend the contact arm slightly.....violā....it now works with no problems.

Next I had to fix the trailer connector cover...the pivot rod was bent ant just being held together by the spring. Took the pivot rod out...drilled and tapped it and reinstalled...working great.

Now the only thing left to do is find a place that can rebuild my generator....it blew my headlights and rebuilding the entire braking system from the master cylinder all the way down to the wheel cylinders.

Oh I almost forgot need a new 5 tires.....that's going to be the most expensive.

Vesper

Wish I could post the pics...