Thread: wrong plugs and broken wire

Angry wrong plugs and broken wire

I had a power loss the other day going down the road. No speed or guts, so I decided to do a compression check and that's when I found it.

#1 wire was broken where it goes into the plug.. the wrong plug. M38 plug.

I ordered plugs from Napa and ordered NOS plug wires from VPW $285

also ordered my leaf springs and front shackles.
    shipping-OUCH

now begins the wait... que Jepardy music

Hopefully you found this post I had made last year about the difference in the plugs, Autolite 2407 have we been running the wrong plugs all along? It looks like the 2407 is the proper plug for the M715.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

yes I did, and it was most helpful, thank you. there was a chart of all plugs for all MV`s and that's how I found out it was M38 plug. Got the 725 in Oct. and replaced tires and tubes with stock ones, muffler- aftermarket, headlights, all oils and filters. still massing parts to fix then build.

just bummed cause now I can`t drive it. its never been down before.

I just hope I can get the old wires off without them getting messed up since the nuts are touching. want to save them for spares for now.

You might want to buy a spark plug wire wrench to help with removing the old spark plug wires.

And I recommend blowing out all the sand and dirt around the spark plug before removing the spark plug. So it doesn't fall inside the cylinder.

blowing them out is a great idea and on mine the gasket was trapping everything inside so i trimmed the gesket down to help with it

Well, I got my speedo cable the other day from Saturn. Today I finally ot my leaf springs and Spark plug wires from VPW.

front springs NOS, rear springs- SHINEY. def not NOS, but as long as they work,- no problem. I have paint

However I`m still waiting on plugs from NAPA- been a week.

Maybe I can do a tune up and drive again this weekend. YeeHaw

Well I was wrong about the shiny rear springs not being NOS. I found a paper tag in the box that had broken(not ripped) off.

Tag was Manufacturer inspection Tag. Rockwell Standard Corp-2-25-70

they`ve been stored very well for a long time since they were never painted