Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally starting after 15 years

Default Finally starting after 15 years

Here is my m715 and some pics. Plans are 6bt, zf five speed, atlas case, hydroboost brakes with front disc conversion on stock axles. Have some 4 bts lying around and a lot of extra parts. Here we go

Photobucket didn't work, will try again.

[IMG]/http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/unbreakable715/library/[/IMG]

Use the IMG code and paste that here, the pics will show.

Thanks for the help. I'll post more as the build comes along.

Default 6bt ready

6bt all painted up for install

Default Don't say 4 bt's don't make enough power

This 4bt shattered the bellhousing on the truck I removed it from. The truck was stuck and when I started rocking it the bellhousing broke and the trans stick smashed my knee. I pulled it to get the accessorys off it for my 6 bt and some scrap money for the truck to fund the 715 project.

Default zf trans

I have read some threads about the zf trans being weak. This is the big one out of a one ton ford, not the small one in the half tons. My brother in law has the same trans in his rollback with 300000 plus miles with no problems. What is the weak spot with this trans?

Default Another project after the m715

Thinking 455 buick for power and a stepside bed.

I am using a ZF5 in my build behind a 7.3. I dont know of them really having a weak spot, like a NV4500 that needs to have the 5th gear nut or something fixed.

I do know you can twist the Tcase off of one depending on how hard you wheel. What are you using for a Tcase. It will need to be supported for hard wheeling.