Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with New Life???

Unhappy Whats the deal with New Life???

Man I placed an order with Mona way back in December and still haven't gotten my top. I've called her twice in the last 3 months but still no cover....

I ordered seat covers and all the straps, Boy I hope it doesn't take 6 months. She told me six to eight weeks. That I can live with. Good luck, maybe she is extremely busy.

I sent her my original covers on my 63 CJ5 to duplicate about 5 months ago, I have emailed her about them a couple times in the last week and havent heard from her.

Duane

Boy, maybe I need to look elswhere for my seat covers and straps.

I have an order with her also. I talked to her on the phone a couple of weeks ago. She told me she is working all by herself so it is taking longer then she hoped.
    1969 M715 W/WN

I spoke on the phone to her back near thanks giving telling her to put me on the list, and she said she would send some samples. Talked to her again in May of this year and she said 6-8 weeks delivery, and she sent an e-mail saying she needed my address for the samples to be sent, I sent my address, no samples. Talked to her again on the phone and she said she had a thick pile of orders and was trying to hire her part time girl to full time, but the part time girl had a few prior commitments to finish in another seamstress job. After talking with her again just a couple of weeks ago I was informed that the delivery date for a top would be NOV. I asked her if I could have some consideration for the original date of interest, Nov. of last year, didnt get anywhere with that. It sounds like she is real busy, she must do real quality work and might have a big order she is working on.
    I dropped her an e-mail and told her that I had ordered a new top from someone else and that I was to get it in 1 week. I wished her good luck in her work and told her I didnt have time to wait that long. Maybe when I go for my cargo top and 3/4 ton trailer top I will give her a call. She sent me another e-mail saying she looked forward to a chance to do work for me in the future. All and all, she seems to me to be a very nice person to work with, I just found I had to work at a faster pace, my truck is almost ready for the road and I want a top now.

I had good luck with WeeBee Webbing when I bought all the canvas for my truck. They gat me the seat covers and straps very quickly (2 weeks) and the top took about 4 weeks total. Then when I ordered my cargo top and end curtains a little latter on, they also took about 4 weeks to arrive. Very nice stuff and top notch quality and service for me. They are at http://www.odcloth.com/

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    1968 M51 Inflatable Chemical Shelter System http://www.davidallenracing.com/M51.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

Where is another good canvas place to order from, I need the factory drivers seat canvas plus a deuce passenger seat canvas, and all the straps, for tools, hood interior, tailgate chain covers. I am going to see if the order I place with New life does in fact get finished in the time frame she told me first. But that is approaching fast. If the order doesn't materialize I will order elsewhere if I can. I will be going with the Binford mod of deuce passenger seating. It is very cool and much more functional. Nice modification Binford.

I ordered a top for the cab and two back seat covers from beachwood canvas - just before I saw the article in JP magazine. It took three weeks. I haven't fitted the top yet, I need to fab up a set of cab bows first. By the way does anyone know what the height is suppose to be for the bows. I tried to do a history search , but no luck. I figured if I at least new the height it would help in the fabbing. When all is finished I'll post pictures if anyone is interested

I got a set of straps and my seat covers from Weebee Webbing and was quite pleased with the product and service. New Life seems rather busy and, to make matters worse, communication is really poor.
    Last edited by Binford; August 15th, 2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
    -- Tim Taylor