Thread: What's a Tailgate Hinge Pin Worth?

Default What's a Tailgate Hinge Pin Worth?

A member of the FB M715 group needs one, and I have one I can spare.

Thanks!

Anyone? I just don't know what a fair price is.

Never seen any offered for sale, so hard to say.

If it were me, I would offer it to him for the cost of shipping.

I couldn't find any NOS pins to replace my worn and rusty pins, so I made new ones for my truck using new cadmium plated bolts.
    I turned down the bolt heads in my metal lathe to copy the original dimensions, cut to length, and cross drilled the ends for the cotter pins.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post

I couldn't find any NOS pins to replace my worn and rusty pins, so I made new ones for my truck using new cadmium plated bolts.
    I turned down the bolt heads in my metal lathe to copy the original dimensions, cut to length, and cross drilled the ends for the cotter pins.
    Thanks for the help, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post

Did similar. Took clevis pins of a slightly size and turned them down. For some reason, those clevis pins on the hinges are not a standard size today.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    Did similar. Took clevis pins of a slightly size and turned them down. For some reason, those clevis pins on the hinges are not a standard size today.
    Nope, and they're too long to have custom made, at least where I inquired.

I liked using long bolts, because you can retain the cadmium plating on the shanks. Only the head gets turned down.