Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Work

Default Going to Work

A few pix of workin' M715's:

Would love to see any pix you might have of M715's at work.

I like the lines of the cab top on the red one!

And....that little giant ladder -- those things are fantastic. I got one in the RV....but usually pull it out at home when I need a ladder. Mine has the built-in leg levelers, they work great.

And....the dump bed....I've been watching craigslist/searchtempest for one of the drop-ins....
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

That was a different post. Interesting to see the trucks used as work trucks. Would it be safe to say, that they run something other than the stock 230 Tornado?
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser715 View Post
    I like the lines of the cab top on the red one!

And....that little giant ladder -- those things are fantastic. I got one in the RV....but usually pull it out at home when I need a ladder. Mine has the built-in leg levelers, they work great.

And....the dump bed....I've been watching craigslist/searchtempest for one of the drop-ins....
    That's a factory top from everything I've read.

Those ladders are, after hundreds of hours of experience, a good idea incompletely executed: the leg locks on one of them won't stay open for some reason, so you need three hands to raise or lower them, the profile of the rungs is such that it is easy to catch driver bits or even fingers in the fancy flutes they extrude into them, and the cheap plastic wheels break off the cheap plastic feet way too easily, and are annoyingly expensive to replace. The replacements I got, in fact, would not fit on the ladder without breaking. I'm not all that impressed, really; the folks who make them would be better off sticking with fireworks manufacture. Rant off.

That dump bed was adapted from another truck, and will be converted from PTO to 12V if the owner decides to refurbish the truck. That PTO leaks like a screen door.

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    That was a different post. Interesting to see the trucks used as work trucks. Would it be safe to say, that they run something other than the stock 230 Tornado?
    Mine (the red one) is stock 230, the dump truck has a Chevy small block, 4.89's, power steering, power brakes, and rides like a Town Car (heavy bed). I told Harry (owner) that I would have been better off not riding with him to the transfer station that day. I REALLY like the way his 715 works.

Not working, like, make me some money working... But it's pretty useful around the house.

Hauling gravel when I put in a french drain last year. Rides pretty good with a load of gravel in back.

IMG_20160628_124009778_HDR by kerry walker, on Flickr

Used as a mobile scaffold when I put the swamp cooler in my shop.

IMG_20160722_134851259_HDR by kerry walker, on Flickr

And one of the many, many times I've had to tow or trailer one of my stepsons POS rides home.

IMG_20170702_144812742_HDR by kerry walker, on Flickr

Is that a stock drivetrain? Nice truck, BTW.

Very nice. Tank relocated to the rear?

Using the stock pintle?

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    Is that a stock drivetrain? Nice truck, BTW.
    Plain Jane 350 with 700r4, the rest is still stock.

Mikel, it was an M724 when I got it so the tank was in the back. that tank is too big (I think) to mount in the 715 location so I got a new fill hose and notched the bed for the filler. I don't like having it back there... just seems vulnerable hanging back there. One of these days I'll revisit moving it up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Plain Jane 350 with 700r4, the rest is still stock.

Mikel, it was an M724 when I got it so the tank was in the back. that tank is too big (I think) to mount in the 715 location so I got a new fill hose and notched the bed for the filler. I don't like having it back there... just seems vulnerable hanging back there. One of these days I'll revisit moving it up front.
    Yeah, I didn't figure you were towing like that with a 230 drivetrain.

My truck is an ex-M724, so I've got the same fuel tank mounts in back. When we were building it, we concluded those were added by the fire district the truck came from. If I could come up with another sensible place for the spare wheel, that would be a good spot for a second fuel tank.