Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant see any pics on here

Default Cant see any pics on here

I cant see any pics on this site so is there any settings that i can change to see them ???????

Not that I know of.

Unless you are referring to the problems related to Photobuckets newly introduced 3rd party hosting change?

Default Photo bucket 3rd party

Yes i think this is the problem i am having from photo bucket 3rd party pics . So is there any fix for this , thanks

Default Yes and no

No that is not the only pics that i cant see . I cant see any pics on here of any type all i get is a box with an x in it , no pics of any kind . Would love to see the pics posted on here . And plain on posting pics of my own shortly . I think it must be the settings on my computer so any help at all would be great thanks

Not sure how that can happen even...nothing on this end blocking you...if you go to the galleries link at the top of the page, you cant get to any pics there even?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Same problem with any viewing of pics. All you now see is a speedometer icon to update your photobucket account. Clicked and it's just more FUBAR...anybody been able to succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by SLOrazorsedge View Post
    Same problem with any viewing of pics. All you now see is a speedometer icon to update your photobucket account. Clicked and it's just more FUBAR...anybody been able to succeed?
    Yep, Photobucket lost their minds and broke all links everywhere, unless you pay them $400 a year. Idiots.

The only workaround if you REALLY want to see the pic is to 'copy image location', paste in a new tab, lop off the specific image part of the address to get the poster's general album, then dig around and find the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
    Yep, Photobucket lost their minds and broke all links everywhere, unless you pay them $400 a year. Idiots.

The only workaround if you REALLY want to see the pic is to 'copy image location', paste in a new tab, lop off the specific image part of the address to get the poster's general album, then dig around and find the image.
    that feels dirty, like snooping through somebody's sock drawer. or like when you borrow your wife's car and you dig through her purse for keys while NOT looking in her purse... cuz you don't wanna be the guy that snoops in his wife's purse...

I'm not trying to defend PhotoBucket here but I can't really be mad about their decision. The free account was supposed to be covered by advertising revenue. How do they generate advertising revenue if no one is visiting their site to view the images?

Third party hosting does not get them any advertising dollars because we don't need to visit the site to view the pictures so we are using their bandwidth and not providing any revenue.

I'm not opposed to someone looking at the pictures I uploaded to PhotoBucket. I'm happy to provide a link to allow it but it isn't convenient for anyone trying to follow a build thread for example.

The options PhotoBucket chose to provide seems sure to lead to their demise. It feels like my pictures are held "hostage" now. You only get 3rd party hosting if you buy the most expensive plan? Really?

It sure has ruined a lot of good information that took years to produce by many different people/sites.

There are alternatives but I'm not sure yet what they really are.

I have downloaded most if not all of my pictures from PhotoBucket so I have them in one directory on my local computer but without the ability to edit my own threads I can't even begin to re-link my pictures to my old threads even if I find an alternative hosting site.

Jon if you're reading this I'm sure you've already been thinking about how to tackle this problem. If you have any ideas/suggestions we're all listening.