Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 in AZ transport complications

Road trips are fun. And your 9 yo would consider it an adventure.

I still remember, at 15, going with my Dad to pick up his new Snap-on van in Ohio and driving it back from Oklahoma. Still have the Sheridan rifle I bought in Ohio at the local hardware store while waiting for him to get the temporary registration done. LOL, I think he was too tired to argue with me about it.

U-ship and yesterday's tractor are two great sites to find transport. U-ship is commercial and YT is private individuals.

Thanks for the suggestions, currently reading the thread on Pirate... I think I last looked at Pirate in 2005, might even have a username there...

Hey im the guy from pirate trying to get a vehicle shipped from el paso to ny

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Road trips are fun. And your 9 yo would consider it an adventure.

I still remember, at 15, going with my Dad to pick up his new Snap-on van in Ohio and driving it back from Oklahoma. Still have the Sheridan rifle I bought in Ohio at the local hardware store while waiting for him to get the temporary registration done. LOL, I think he was too tired to argue with me about it.

U-ship and yesterday's tractor are two great sites to find transport. U-ship is commercial and YT is private individuals.
    Yeah, I'm into the road trip completely, but it looks like it will cut way too close to his first day of school, so that's out, or him going with me is out.
    If I *did* decide to do it myself:
    Flights to Vegas: $130
    Fuel: $600 ($3 diesel, 12mpg; based on company dually towing 7000lbs highway)
    Hotel at least 1 night for the sake of a shower: $150
    Food: $100
    Time off work and away from family: intangible, but real...
    Straps/chains/load securing: $100
    Purchase a truck there to resell at home: $4500 (have 4 lined up right now)
    Purchase a car hauler there to resell at home: $2000 (1 lined up, but many available).

Summer, and primarily southern route, so I can camp or sleep in the truck. 36 hours driving according to google earth, so 3 days of 12 hour shifts, but I will possibly drive 15-18 hours per day, as I used to down the east coast, cutting a day off. Accounting for traffic or mishaps, I'd allocate at least 4 days. If my daughter comes with me, we'll split shifts and get it in 2 days (assuming she can handle a trailer safely; trial by fire?).

Ideally, I'll be able to get more for the truck and trailer than I spend because they don't have the rust we have locally on the same vintage vehicles. If I actually *can* get an extra $1k, then the trip ends up almost free besides time.

In the end, I'm most likely going to have the original shipper get it done. He's promised me $1450 in the end. If he calls me Wednesday and says it'll be $1700 or something, I guess that'll be the push I need to buy a plane ticket to Vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by joe green View Post
    Hey im the guy from pirate trying to get a vehicle shipped from el paso to ny
    Just PM'd you my cell. If you can get it to Philly, I can probably store it until you can come down for it.

Where are you in PA? I'm in York.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    Where are you in PA? I'm in York.
    I'm an hour east on the Turnpike, between Morgantown and Pottstown.

Quote Originally Posted by RRatch View Post
    I'm an hour east on the Turnpike, between Morgantown and Pottstown.
    You are in prime GPA MVHS territory. Lots of parades and activities down there. I belong but too far to travel at 40 MPH.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Ha ha, I have no idea what that is... I know there's a guy on 23 heading toward's Lancaster that has a yard full of old green iron, but I don't run across a lot of MV's out here otherwise.

Did you get it shipped yet? I might be able to help. What would you pay. I am located in St Louis Mo. Where exactly is it located? If you PM your number I will call you. Once I get the exact info I can give you a better quote.