Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Beast

Default My new Beast

Hi y'all. Wanted to share a short movie of my 'new' Jeep, but will settle for a picture 9K original miles on it. Serial Number 32787.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the party!
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Very cool. I like the lights and brush guards on the front bumper. So serial number 32787 means it might be a 1969? Any specific plans for it besides enjoying it.
    And welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Very cool. I like the lights and brush guards on the front bumper. So serial number 32787 means it might be a 1969? Any specific plans for it besides enjoying it.
    And welcome...
    Actually, it looks like 32787 is a late 68' truck. Most likely November of December of 1968. Looks like a good start of a Truck, Welcome to the Zone.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

5. Default

Well we (my 86 year old father and I) have flushed and changed all fluid and lubricants, and greased all the zerks. We have all the lights working except the 'black out' tail light. It has an old busted bulb rusted in there tight. I'm just dosing it daily with WD40 until I can pull the metal base of the old bulb out. I have an guy that used to work on beasts like this in the military who is going to re-pack the axles for me. I have to reconnect the drivers side defroster and replace the speedometer cable, and probably the gas gauge, then she is ready to license! I did user her winch twice this winter to pull people out of snow drifts. What a blast!

6. Default

Also found that the engine is from a 1975 Jeep Cherokee. A 360 v8. Had to replace the carb, distributor cap/rotor. She runs nice now. I'm still trying to figure out how to hook up the vacuum line for the wipers to that engine

7. Default

As to plans... I would like to remove the hard top and try to find a way to put a soft top back on it. I am also thinking of putting a liner in the bed after she is painted to keep it looking good. I'll look around the forums for any hints on how / where to find the stuff for the soft top.

Nice one

Glad you are making progress. Full size jeeps used a little vacuum can on the drivers fender skirt. It powered the heater doors and heater controls. You can make one easy enough. The can makes stored vacuum and then when you floor the gas pedal your wipers don't stop. The FSJ vacuum can is to small with restricted ports to do wipers. You will want something with 3/16 ID ports on it. For good flow.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

10. Default

I need to replace the speedometer gauge / cable. O'Reilly's doesn't really have info on the M715. Should I be looking for the same equipment on a Jeep Civilian pickup for the same year? 1968.