Thread: Rear engine mount size

Jester Guest

Default Rear engine mount size

How thick is the rear engine (trans) mount? I know I will have to replace mine when I do my motor swap and would like to use a poly one instead. Hoping to find a universal one that is close.

Something like the one Novak sells. http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/rmu.htm

The factory M715 one is a metal shell with rubber internal...studs stick out to go in the cross member...it isnt a typical mount with a metal side and a rubber side...

Image:

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    The factory M715 one is a metal shell with rubber internal...studs stick out to go in the cross member...it isnt a typical mount with a metal side and a rubber side...

Image:
    yup, but last I looked at it the rubber was just about gone

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I had a couple questions about the above diagram. Turns out bolt 15 was really loose on my truck. It looked like all the spacers, washers, nuts, etc. were there so I tightened it up good.

#12 looked loose, too, and upon further inspection parts #10 and #11 appear to be missing and there is a big gap between the bolt head and the underside of that big metal plate.

What problem is this going to cause? It doesn't look or feel like the mount is loose. Can I just get any rubber spacer and washer and put them in there?
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

I would think it would let the transmission and engine rotate when torque is applied and could cause problems with alignment of driveline components and undue wear on the motor mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I would think it would let the transmission and engine rotate when torque is applied and could cause problems with alignment of driveline components and undue wear on the motor mounts.
    Hmm...that's kind of what I was thinking. Guess I better get a spacer in there and tighten it up. Also, the bolt on the driver's side is smaller (1/2" head instead of 9/16", I think) than the other. Is this right? I couldn't tell from the drawing.

I'm beginning to think someone's had the transmission out of there at some point.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

Its been a while but I do seem to remember the difference in size...if the snow wasnt so deep I would look...

Default engine rear mount and related parts.

hello, anyone can help me on the steps of the screws and rubber pads rear engine mount and related parts.
    Are the measures of the screws and rubber pads in some parts of the manual page?
    thanks
    VIN : 13003 DATE : 6-67