Thread: Glow plug timer

Default Glow plug timer

Here is an easy timmer for glow plugs. It has an 8 second and 20 second timmer. Wire it into a relay to control the glow plugs. I am using an older one with my 6.2 now that is an 8 second. On cold days I cycle it twice for 16 secongs and works good.

Price right now is $9.98 even though the web site has them listed at $17.99.

http://www.galls.com/google/gaweb.dll

Those of you thinking of going to a 6.2 or 6.5 know the glow plugs have to work for the engine to start in any weather. I laughed when Sermis showed me what he was using a year ago. Then I saw it work. Now, I think it is a great idea. Especially after reading about the night mares caused in the CUCV's because of the glow plug control cards.

Then you have the original use of the switch. Gun release on patrol cars. What else could the switch be good for?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Last 6.2 I had around had a momentary toggle under the column. Lifted it for 10 seconds or so, released it and hit the key. Worked like a charm.

We are Dyslexia of Grob. Futility is resistant. Your ass will be laminated...

SWEET...I was looking for a timer for my intake heater for my cummins.