Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Trucks prices are coming back down

Default Military Trucks prices are coming back down

I have noticed prices on military trucks have dropped down quite a bit and seems to be losing popularity .Was it just a fad? or is the old guys putting there money somewhere else? land , vacations, homes ,retirement accts. .brewing beer at home

Dunno...though like most things, it cyclic...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I think it is just the reaction to the HMMWV release. People dropping $30k plus on those things kind of takes all the spare money in the hobby away. That is for the supposed street legal ones with the rest going for $5-$10 k. Lots of new people getting into this activity.

The HMMWV is the current fad just like 9 years ago it was the m35 trucks. The CUCV trucks were released in between and while they were coming out had high prices. Mainly in my opinion because "there are only so many left. When they are gone, they are gone."

However, the older and closer to stock something is. It will almost always bring a high price.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Also, attending the major events here in the east, Aberdeen and Red Ball, I would say 90% of the attendees are "grey hairs". Like most hobbies, the younger folks don't care. Museums, clubs and the like are dying. They say the so called millennials are minimalists, meaning they don't care about possessions, unless it is technology and then they will spend huge amounts.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Also, attending the major events here in the east, Aberdeen and Red Ball, I would say 90% of the attendees are "grey hairs". Like most hobbies, the younger folks don't care. Museums, clubs and the like are dying. They say the so called millennials are minimalists, meaning they don't care about possessions, unless it is technology and then they will spend huge amounts.
    I would imagine in the early 1900's something similar happened to draft animal prices when the young'uns flocked to motorized vehicles versus horses, mules, oxen, etc.
    Roy

The points.. and carbs.. and spark plugs ..floor starter switch.. could be ..too much maintenance?

adjusting brakes ..slow speed and noisy maybe, and that PESKY manual transmission..I am sure I am forgetting some things

cannot be the look of the truck for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    So true... But I do some of them slowly getting over that.

My son-in-law is mid 20's, lived in Seattle for a bit and WAS a stereotypical Social Justice Warrior... didn't even have a driver's license and didn't want one... but had to cave when he moved to North Texas.

Life has been slowly teaching him... and he's married to a hard headed Texas girl...

They moved across town a couple of months ago and I had to work. They couldn't get much in their old Toyota Corolla so I let them borrow my M715 for a day...
    He was diggin it. BIG time. He drug the move out to 4 or 5 days. Long time to empty a 1 bedroom efficiency...

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    So true... But I do some of them slowly getting over that.

My son-in-law is mid 20's, lived in Seattle for a bit and WAS a stereotypical Social Justice Warrior... didn't even have a driver's license and didn't want one... but had to cave when he moved to North Texas.

Life has been slowly teaching him... and he's married to a hard headed Texas girl...

They moved across town a couple of months ago and I had to work. They couldn't get much in their old Toyota Corolla so I let them borrow my M715 for a day...
    He was diggin it. BIG time. He drug the move out to 4 or 5 days. Long time to empty a 1 bedroom efficiency...
    Hahaha! Good job!

"Here you go, kid, just a little taste...you won't get hooked, I promise!"

Millenial here..... No car guy family upbringing... Here i am doing a frame off.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Sold my 3 715s to use the money on my familys farm project. So if prices come down and or I see anything nice and road ready I may get back into mv hobby. I do have a 105, 101, and mep 05 still. Would love a m 37, m35, or cucv. Wife would not be thrilled.
    Money would be better spent on the tractor, cabin in my aviatar restroration or other farm expence.