Thread: Window wipes from BJs Offroad

Default Window wipes from BJs Offroad

Has anyone tried the two door window wipe kit from BJ's Offroad? I'm going to do some work on the window system and want to know if this is a direct replacement or if modification is needed or is there something better out there.

I bought a complete set from Brent a couple months ago for my 69 wagoneer. Tomorrow I'll dig them out and check to see if it looks like they will work.
    I'd do it now but I have a pizza about to come out of the oven and I'm famished.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

OK here is the scoop. I took the front wagoneer window wipes and checked for length and fit of the metal clips. Everything was PERFECT. These wipes are better than NOS IMO for one specific reason. The design is only slightly different from the early original ones including my wag because there is no chrome strip that would need to be painted. Instead there is a small lip that provides a superb seal on to the top of the door sheet metal that will stop all rain from dripping down into the door cavity. The chrome style can't stop liquids from entering the door. These need no touch up and will snap in place in seconds.

Door window wipe front right inner 10-8018
    Door window wipe front left inner 10-8017
    Door window wipe front outer 10-8014

I could not tell the difference in the two front inners despite the different part numbers.

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/

Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

I have the window wipes on my 88 FSJ and they fit perfectly. They're awesome. It's great not having to worry about pinching my arm on the broken , cracked rubber of the old wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    OK here is the scoop. I took the front wagoneer window wipes and checked for length and fit of the metal clips. Everything was PERFECT. These wipes are better than NOS IMO for one specific reason. The design is only slightly different from the early original ones including my wag because there is no chrome strip that would need to be painted. Instead there is a small lip that provides a superb seal on to the top of the door sheet metal that will stop all rain from dripping down into the door cavity. The chrome style can't stop liquids from entering the door. These need no touch up and will snap in place in seconds.

Door window wipe front right inner 10-8018
    Door window wipe front left inner 10-8017

I could not tell the difference in the two front inners despite the different part numbers.

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/

That perfect!! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely get these for my door rework.

I saw Al's window swipes, they are nice I may order a set because I like them better than the nos ones I bought from Memphis.