Thread: Vehicle transport?

Default Vehicle transport?

I know this subject has been touched on before, not sure of companies listed on Uship as far as reliability.
    Does anyone know of a reliable company to transport a 725 along with a flatbed car hauler from Chicago to N.E. Arizona.
    Any input would be appreciated.

I don`t know what company it was I called a Broker in Dallas to get my M725 shipped in 2014. It came on a car carrier. The broker was $95 bucks, I had to pay driver cash on delivery $1400. That covers his fuel and time. Mine was shipped from Philly to my door south of Fort Worth

I've used easy car move to ship gladiators down from California and Washington. It usually runs around 900-1,000 to have it shipped from up there down to Texas. Not sure about the car hauler, but they will definitely ship your 725.

Thanks for the input, gives me something to work with.

I ran a Uship ad to bring mine from TX to Ak. I got quotes from $3-4k, same as the commercial haulers up here (most of whom wouldn't deal with an almost-8' tall truck).

I ended up paying Drftco Transport $1800. Casey's a one-man operation, and his communication and customer service were great. I don't know if he runs that far east, though.

http://www.drftco.com/

Try looking in the pirate4x4 hauling forum, there's a guy on there called trulyvintage that hauls for a living.

I talked to me boss...a very experienced trucker and owner operator about this...he said you should be able to post on ship.com and should be able to find someone willing to haul for about $1 per mile.
    As far as the 8 foot tall thing...standard flatbed is 5 feet...plus 8 foot on the truck is 13 feet....13'6" is standard dry van height and I would have no issues at all with a 13 foot load...it could also go on a step deck and that would make the overall height 2 feet lower at least...not a big deal at all.

I haven't been trucking that long but I have taken up to 17'3" tall, 85 feet long and 25 feet wide...note this was not one piece but the extremes I have had one different pieces in the given direction...these things are big and require some serious concentration...an M725 would not give me pause at all...that's an easy one to load and tie down...especially since the military provided for it to be tied down!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for the last 2 replies, more food for thought.
    My plan is to move the truck & trailer maybe July or August once the home is built.
    I still need to go and get both the truck and trailer weighed so I can supply all needed info on the vehicles. I only have a ballpark idea of weight, know what the trailer weighs empty but I have a small load tarped and tied down on it.
    Overall combined length of both units is 39'2".

Thanks much Subybaja for the info on DRFTCO.
    Contacted Casey with all my info.
    He does travel this far east and will haul both for a reasonable cost.
    He seems like a real nice guy as you stated.

Sure. Btw, to be more specific, I drove it from TX to Or. $1800 was up the Alcan to Ak.