Thread: High steer arms

Default High steer arms

With the front end being a dana 60, has anyone ever put high steer arms on thier axles for cross over steering?

All that needs to be done is to drill the king pin cap from the top to put the proper taper in it. Anybody that has done a spring over has done this.

However, what are you trying to change? The M715 already has cross over steering as I understand the term. Please explain what you are trying to change and why so we can learn.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I do not have a typical setup. I have a set of M715 axles under a 1990 YJ. I currently have modified my steering arms with mis allignment spacers and had a set of beefy chromoly drag link and tie rods with heim joints made. I found a fab shop that has created a set of Dana 60 steering arms that are in double sheer. Ballistic Fabrication is who makes them and they are really sweet. I currently run 42 TSLs w/32 bolt beadlocks and will begin the installation of hydro assist this weekend. I guess my what I am actually trying to see is if anyone has replaced thier stock steering arms with aftermarket arms (of any type)? I know this is kinda out there for this site but I visit this site quit often because of the axles and will eventually submit all info on what I have done to the modified tech section of this site.