Thread: Another 6.2!

Default Another 6.2!

I finally picked up another motor to replace the lunched 6.2 that I liked so much. The first was a J-code civie unit, and this one came out of a humvee (NOT a hummer...).

Since the big garage is currently crammed full of junk I had to come up with another way to unload the can from the back of the orange truck.

Tow bars and winches can be so very handy.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by oilcan View Post

Tow bars and winches can be so very handy.
    Man, you got me drooling over that deuce........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

If you look real close, you can see the water line a few inches up the door. I had a little fun about a week ago in a 4 foot mud pit. And I did spray it off afterwards!

To help keep this thread 715-related, I do need to swap out the exhaust manifolds with my old motor so I don't have to route the pipes through the firewall. And all the accessories will have to be moved to the "new" motor.

One good thing about it is the 24 volt system. I can get rid of that pain-in the-you-know-what dual voltage setup. All I need 12 volts for now is the cb, and I can't hear it anyway.

What did you need to do to stuff the 6.2 into the 715?
    Did you keep the T98 tranny, or go to somehting else?

Do you have a build thread for it?

Zach

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by oilcan View Post
    If you look real close, you can see the water line a few inches up the door. I had a little fun about a week ago in a 4 foot mud pit. And I did spray it off afterwards!
    I notice it now that you mentioned it! I also noticed that the crate the 6.2 is in was marked for the lifting points. Good thing, I'd have never figured that one out......
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

let's hope that that's not a bummed take out that was replaced....
    Zone holster maker

I don't have my own thread for the swap, but it's just as straight forward as any other SBC build. I'm running an SM 465 tranny while the rest of the drivetrain is stock.

Some of the other motors had tags that said "knocks" or "runs rough", but this is the only one that had a rebuild tag in the valley. I'll put some pieces on it and start it up in the can before it goes in the truck.

Good one Joe, jinx himbefore he even starts working on it! I'll tell ya, with friends like these...
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I think he had the idea before I said anything...
    Zone holster maker