Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winch mount ideas?

Default Winch mount ideas?

Hey guys just aquirred this winch. I know nothing about hydro stuff and was hoping for some comments from the mod kings around here. I torched this off a international polemaster headed to the scrap yard. And thoughts? thanks Barry

I Forgot its a tulsa gear products 20,000 lb's

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

What kind of ideas are you looking for? Bumper? Brackets? Placement?

Whatever you decide, I am sure you'll need to fab all the mounts and bracketry. The stock 715 winch mounts and bumper may be adaptable as it looks almost the same basic dimensions as the Braden.

You will also need to work in a hydraulic pump off the PTO.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Well I think the first thing to do would be to get the model number so you know the specifics about it. It will also help you find the right(or close to) flow pump for the hydraulic motor. It looks like you may be able to remove the hydraulic motor and make it a driveshaft driven unit too. Nice find!
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I was more concerned with pto hydro stuff, lever action,reserve tank, ect . Cost to complete? I have NO EXPERIENCE with winches and fab work of this sorts.My vrods runnin 10.00 flat by the way

Its a tulsa gear. are you saying I can switch this over to pto? fingers crossed.

Most winches that are set up like that you simply take the hydraulic motor off and you can run a drive shaft to it. You will need a hydraulic pump, and a reversible control valve, ..you might talk to your local tractor shop . . they are usually the experts on hydraulic controls. The most important thing to set up right in order to be satisfied with a hydraulic winch is to have a pump that flows enough GPM as well as enough pressure. Get that part right, .they last forever and will pull like you wouldn't believe!!. .good luck with it, . .

I spent a couple hrs today on the comp. and phone. Not much luck. looks like the pto and pump are 2 seperate pieces for the B.W. t98. Waiting on Tulsa to tell me G.P.M. and stuff to choose the right pump. anybody have numbers on the stock p.t.o.? I was hopin for a junkyard find...

Check this guys site

http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/m37project

Might give you some ideas-heck of a nice guy-answered a bunch of questions I sent him about his hook up. Made me decide to keep the hydro set up on mine--well that and the pto hookup on my sm420 is on the wrong side to make hook up easy.

What about converting this one to electric? Found this on ebay. I was thinking it would be SIMPLE ,cost effective, and can be run without the 230engine.
    24v is a definate plus but 5 h.p. gonna do enough?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...spagenameZWDVW