Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new (to me) M715

Default new (to me) M715

I bought these two 715 in April 07, I have been collecting parts off ebay and Memphis Eq. They were both more rusted than I wanted,but between the two ,so far Ive been able to take the best parts and rebuild them .The trucks were stripped to the frame. The fire truck was missing the bed supports,and the rear frame crossmember was cut .I ended up using the frame off the some what white 715, the frame was sandblated, primed ,painted. all springs got new bushings, and replaced the steering box.

Here are pictures of my progress,next is the rebuilding of the 230 engine.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Nice work! Looks like you will have yourself a really nice solid truck when it all comes together.

Keep up the pics!!!

BTW, did you buy those trucks off of e-bay? They look familiar from when I was looking for mine back in the Spring.....

OOOOOOOOO, very nicely done. I like seing a truck "brought back". Nice job, keep going and like Randy said, Keep the pics comming.

Default new (to me) M715

Yea I got them off ebay.They were located near Eglin AFB. A friend and I went up on a Friday,wth his 1ton Diesel Ford and 29ft gooseneck trailer. We loaded both on the trailer,green on first, removed the back tires and put the white one on next.The guy I got them from had a forklift,and helped us get them loaded .It still took us till midnight to load them.the trailer only had a 10,000 rating, I sure we were close. We put new tires on the trailer, and stopped alot to let them cool on the way back. I wished i could have got pictures, but we got back Saturday at 6:00PM and unloaded everthing ,we were quite tired.

I remeber that listing Nice work!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by sf38a1 View Post
    Yea I got them off ebay.They were located near Eglin AFB. A friend and I went up on a Friday,wth his 1ton Diesel Ford and 29ft gooseneck trailer. We loaded both on the trailer,green on first, removed the back tires and put the white one on next.The guy I got them from had a forklift,and helped us get them loaded .It still took us till midnight to load them.the trailer only had a 10,000 rating, I sure we were close. We put new tires on the trailer, and stopped alot to let them cool on the way back. I wished i could have got pictures, but we got back Saturday at 6:00PM and unloaded everthing ,we were quite tired.
    I hauled my 715 home on a 12,000 lb trailer behind a Dodge 2500 Cummins, and it was about 450 miles. No problems, but I knew it was back there. I can only imagine two of them. Must have been a bit hairy!

Nice work! I love to seeing one brought back to stock!
    Zone holster maker

Very nice, keep up the good work and especially the pictures.

I have been working on it almost every weekend, I got the engine together over the winter break , I have been sandblasting evey part and repainting, I start on Mon. Sandblast & prime, WED , finish coat, Install on the weekend.