Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DoGooder Called the Sheriff... AGAIN...

Default DoGooder Called the Sheriff... AGAIN...

My M715 is sitting outside right now as I have several projects going on in the barn. We live on a rural road but several times a day someone slows to a crawl and stares with their mouth hanging open (we've taken to calling them "gapers").

The problem is that I had another visit from the local Sheriff's dept today (two cars no less) after a 911 call of a "military vehicle with a machine gun". This makes the third instance of this in the past two months.

Does this happen to you guys too?
    1967 & 1968 M715
    The ChopTop

Due to the truck, no.

But I have had the police show up three times due to "militia with firearms" reports.
    Once while doing Op-For against the university of Deleware ROTC. One of the ROTC commanders had notified the staties but not the locals. I guess they took offence to the machine gun fire and arty sims under the bridge - at midnight.

Another was during a WWII reenactment on a farm. That was amusing.

The third was at my bachelor party. Sherrif saw that we had a proper backstop and firing line set up, wished me good luck and bade us have a good time.

Zach

It's not so bad that a sheep called 911. I've come to accept idiots. But why did the SD send two cars?? Maybe they were bored on their shift. Around here, after the second call, the sheriffs dept would just call and ask..."Is that truck outside again?"
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

That's actually pretty funny to me - although I can see why it wouldn't be to you.

When are you going to tell them about the tank you're going to buy?
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

I'm surprised they deps didn't say something like "hey where did you get that?" or "hey can I play with it?"
    Zone holster maker

kind of off topic, but anyways we farm during the summer in oregon around salem, and one day a car full of (not to be racist) mexicans, ran into one of our tractors and put the car in the ditch. 5 mexicans jumped oout of this tiny geo metro looking ford car, and begged us to call the sherif, so we did, and they were all on lunch break! they said they would be their in 2 to 3 hours!

my signature is sweet huh?

3 times in 2 months, some A-hole calls 911? Someone is harassing you. Its also
    a waste of resources, sending two cars to investigate something they know all about. I would be ed, and try to find out who it was. It has to be some jerk, who is just giving you a hard time. After all, it is a rural road, with little traffic. I havent had that problem yet, but then, people arent really sure if it is a former military vehicle, or an ugly old truck. I am getting a lot of questions about fuel economy, which I dont worry about too much. If it gets me to work at a reasonable cost, then everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chimesickle View Post
    3 times in 2 months, some A-hole calls 911? Its also
    a waste of resources, sending two cars to investigate something they know all about.
    No, it is smart. Unless the police personally know the OP, responding to a call concerning a machine gun with backup is a sign of intelligence.

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    No, it is smart. Unless the police personally know the OP, responding to a call concerning a machine gun with backup is a sign of intelligence.

Zach
    I agree 100% you never know what your going to get on any call. We went to a domestic at a doctors house seperated him from his wife and she grabbed a 357 and shot one of the other officers for trying to take her husband away. Thank go for trama plates she hit him square in the middle of the chest.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Sounds like the neighbor has a "militia-fear" thing going on. I'd give them something to really worry about, by inviting a couple hundred of my closest camoflauge-wearing, open-carry, friends over for a little target practice on your backyard range for the Fourth.

Hoist up the biggest American flag you can find and be sure they are all well behaved and no alcohol is served, that way you are perfectly legal. If any of them own large O.D. vehicles, (tracked are best for effect) be sure they are also prominently displayed (legally parked of course). If the nosy neighbors drive by, be sure that they are loudly, and warmly invited to join in each time they drive by. Using the largest, and angriest looking member of the group is always a good way to do this.

Before all of this, be sure to call the local authorities to let them know you plan a large bash, and get the necessary exemptions for parking, amount of people allowed at your home, etc.

See if there are any more calls to the local authorities after that.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™