Thread: S.o.a chevy 60 front pics

Default S.o.a chevy 60 front pics

Hey everyone,i finnally have my chevy dana 60 front assembled and should finally go in next weekend.I was wondering if anyone had any pics of the frontend in the truck so i could get a idea of what i have to do with the pass spring pad. (I am going spring over) I had read that the spring will be half on the cast pad and half off.Just wondering if anyone had any pics of there chevy 60 spring over axle installed in their truck.I have searched and not found any pics and not too much info about the pass spring pad.but then again i could of missed it lol Any pics or info is appreciated. Thanks Mike

Anyone ?????? Any info ???

I remember seeing pictures somewhere, but I have not found them yet.
    Here is a post from the old temporary M715 Zone by bluesman2a...
    « Reply #4 on Sept 18, 2006, 9:31am

With a stock truck you will need the following:

1) rear axle -- Have to run disc brakes, drums won't fit. See www.bluetorchfab.com for the right brackets (lots of people make them, but these work best from my perspective.

2) rear axle -- need to move spring perches out and weld on, can leave old ones in place.

3) Driveshafts -- need a 1310 to 1330 conversion u-joint for at least the rear, think the front is OK.

4) The clearance on the DS to the gas tank is CLOSE. I chose to lose the stock tank rather than chance it.

5) Front axle -- If you go SUA (stock) you will need to build a spring perch for it, both top and bottom so the u-bolt can clamp.

5A) If you go SOA, you will need to relocate the stock perches outboard. Driver's side is easy. Passenger side is PITA. You will need to extend the cast perch and whack the web off the underside of the pig so you can get the u-bolts around the bottom.

5B) If you go SOA in the front you will need to flip the shackles in the rear and/or use blocks or some other method to level out the truck.

5C) If you go SOA, plan on getting new/lengthened driveshafts.

I kinda knew i would need to extend the pass cast housing for the spring.I already got the shackle flip-hanger flip done in the back ontop a gm 14 bolt.I put a f.s.j dana 44 spring over in the front of a wrangler years back and thats how i had to do that one.Grinding the notch for the U bolt on the underside of the cast housing was a major PITA ! lol. Anyway thanks for the info.I thought there was some old pics too but i had no luck either.

Thats exactly what i was looking for !! Now i know i need a steering arm spacer lol.I forgot all about that website.I ran across it awhile back and just forgot. thanks alot it saved me alot of time now that i know i need them 3" steering blocks. Mike