Thread: Canvas Top

Question Canvas Top

What is every body's input on a canvas top?Seen the one from beachwood canvas @300.00 one from surplus city @265.00 the one from beechwood has a roll up rear canvas window. Heard the wait is longer with them.Is the roll up rear the x'tra money? Maybe some one knows something even cooler??'

THe word around these parts (the Zone) is New Life Canvas. Mona is the owner operator...chief cook and bottle washer..lol...and does excellent work and will customize to order. Price isn't too bad either. I'm sure others will chime in on this.
    Zone holster maker

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    THe word around these parts (the Zone) is New Life Canvas. Mona is the owner operator...chief cook and bottle washer..lol...and does excellent work and will customize to order. Price isn't too bad either. I'm sure others will chime in on this.
    New Life does beautiful work, but the wait time is absolutely forever. I was told 4-6 months when I checked last year. I went the VPW route and had it in a week. It fits fine and looks good. It is a standard 715 top though. No roll up windows or anything.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I use Webee Weebing.I have yet to get a top, but I have bought seats for my M38A1, M725, and straps for the M715,exellent work.and yes there is a wait time, 1 month on the 38a1 seat covers,2 weeks on the covers and straps.

I don't think Beechwood Canvas does the zip-up rear panel. I believe that only Mona (New Life Canvas) offers that option.

She does fantastic work, but her poor communication and long delays are aggravating for some. Her prices are right in line with others, though. She uses the same material as Weebee Webbing as I got my driver's seat cover from Weebee and the passenger seat cover from New Life and I see no difference in color and such.
    -- Tim Taylor

I got my last from surplus city, it is very good, resonably priced an avial. immediately
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710