Thread: Off to the blaster

Default Off to the blaster

Ok, so I finally got around to working on the "green" (color, not ecologically-oriented) truck. Stripped it down yesterday to the frame and cab.

Hauled the bed that Wrecker drug up from Oklahoma 2 YEARS ago to the blaster, then made a second trip with the chassis and cab.

The guy must like military stuff, because he's giving me a good price ($400) to blast the above mentioned parts, and he's throwing in a 5-gallon bucket of military paint (green, I assume) that a local guard unit gave him and he doesn't need. I guess it's the current color, but I'll find out.

Now the fun part - I am trying to have this truck back together for the FE.

Probably not going to happen, but that's what I'm shooting for. Fuelie sbc with 700r4 tranny. I have the entire wiring harness and computer system for the engine, but it came from a van, and I'm sure some of the harness will be really short, and some will be really long!

Going to try and use the van fuel tank because it a) has the electric fuel pump in it, and b) has the proper sending unit.

I'll post pics later, it will be an interesting race.

Oh, did I forget to mention this is on a very limited budget?
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

If we were closer, I'd come over and help.

You have a great project and your hands full...I hope you 'git er done' on time!!

Good luck Compexp. I hope you make your time frame.

Iam sure i spent more than 400 just in sand, not including the 200, for the new blaster, plus the numerous weekends that I lived in the shop, blasting, primering and painting. Piceless. Thats a really good price, good luck.

Glad to hear you're near getting another fine project going. Best of luck on the timeline. If it turns out like your 725, It will be awesome!

Sweet Rich! What a deal. Time to burn the midnight oil...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Waiting on pictures compexp. I always like to see the "before" photos.

Glad to hear that you'll likely make the trip to CO.

Bed's back from the blaster, but didn't have the camera. I'll try to take it down on Monday.

Really straight bed, few small pinholes in the bed over the toolbox area, couple extra holes installed by a PO.

Thinking about having the bed lined while it's still clean. We did some straightening on the tailgate yesterday. I think rhino-lining (or similar) the entire inside of the bed and the bedrails would be nice.

We're going to undercoat the entire bed. If money weren't an issue, I'd rhino-line the bottom as well.

Should get the frame/cab back Wed/Thurs.

Pics to follow.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

You need to have some kind of paint on it to get the Rhino lining to stick...it doesnt like bare metal...I forget what they recommend but call them to see if you need to or if they can...

We're going to etch primer it tomorrow - ideally, we would have gotten that done on Friday, but the shop was busy and I was knocking dents out.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715