Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying Good-bye is a hard thing to do...

Unhappy Saying Good-bye is a hard thing to do...

traded one of my m715's to pghjeeper for his cj-8. Took it for one last romp through the mud-puddles before I loaded it up.

Also, decided to keep the top. He's goin' to be so bummed when he discovers that...

-- Tim Taylor

Don't feel bad Steve....you'll just buy two more to fill the void....

It is like letting one of your children go though aint it?
    Zone holster maker

Nice looking truck.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Always hard to let a project go, but then there's always the next one........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Amazing.

At 1500 hours Sunday I was west bound with the hammer down on the I-10 between Vidor and Rose City.

Glace to my left and what do I see? Green M-715 with a white star and no soft top on a trailer.

First thought: When I get to Houston and get online I'll have to axe the zoners whose truck it is/was. Question answered.

I saw pix of that CJ you swapped for, Kwai. Nice rigs all around. At least he's getting top bows. Canvas isn't very hard to find.

I've driven rag top Jeeps in Pennsyltucky in the winter. He'll be looking for a hard top when the snow flies.

Funny thing is, he didn't make it past Vidor yet. Tranny went out. I hope he gets back on the road by tuesday. Vidor isn't a good place to break down. I didn't actually keep the soft top, I just took it off so it wouldn't get torn up during the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Vidor isn't a good place to break down.
    What's wrong with Vidor? I envisioned the movie "Deliverance" when I read the above post.

I took off today in anticipation of the 715's arrival......but at about 430 yesterday I got the call that she claimed the transmission of that unsuspecting Ford truck that was trying to take her away from Kwai. It seems she just doesn't want to leave the warm sunshine of Texas for the cold winters of Pennsylvania. Actually when I saw that first picture with the 715 loaded up I thought WOW that looks odd the 715 could run the F350 over.
    But actually I talked to the hauler who seems to be a great guy and he said he has an appointment to get the trans fixed first thing this AM. Probably take a few days so hes hoping to have the 715 here by Friday or so.

Vidor would fit in that movie real well. But, you also have to add lots of racism to the story to make it fit right. The racism goes both ways in that part of the world.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw