Thread: DMV Today

Default DMV Today

I stopped into get my trailer tabs renewed, going to need the trailer a bunch this year. Tractor hauling, pellet fuel, Tuxedo's to Scappoose, M trucks to Buenna Vista, Oh sorry I'm rambling. Anyways once that was finished up I asked if I could get my M truck title transferred and get current plates/tabs so I can start driving my truck. I give her the title from 1/19/1979 probably when my father in law purchased the truck at auction from the Fire dept. in Conemaugh Township Pennsylvania. She looks at it and looks at me and asks what kind of truck is this? It's a Jeep truck I tell her. She looks up Kaiser in a catalogue and asks, is it a Wagoneer, a Gladiator, or a cj. I tell her it's an M -715. I think that may have been a mistake? The situation ended up for me having to get a letter from my father in law stating I was gifted the truck, which is the truth. I'm sure they don't believe me. Also I may have to have it looked at to prove it's value. Not after I spent 5 years and who knows how much time and money. We worked out that if I could bring down the data plague from the dash, with the weight, serial number dimensions, load carrying capacity that I would probably be fine and an inspection wouldn't be necessary. Perfect because I was about to remove my old plagues and paint and install the new ones I purchased. One of the last details for finishing up my truck. So I think everything is worked out. When I got home I found she had put my check I wrote the DMV for my trailer tabs in with her fax # and my paperwork. I had to return and give them the check back today so their paperwork wouldn't off at the end of the day. The lady I spoke with about the M truck was very happy, and told me she would finish up my title transfer and get me tabs and plates as soon as she received the fax from my father in law. I might have a licensed truck tomorrow. I can't wait. Only thing is it's snowing and the roads are all wet and slushly. I'm trying to finish up some things tonight in case I get tabs and a plate tomorrow and just can't wait any longer for a road trip. If nothing else to the gas station. Slush washes off doesn't it? I'm gonna cringe when the new paint gets diry. Or maybe smile. Not sure yet. I will be getting personalized license plates. Any suggestions. Maybe some idea's and Poll might be in order. Binford to the rescue? Have a good weekend.

About the DMV, my 725 was titled in Michigan as a Jeep truck when I purchased it. I filled out all the paperwork for title transfer in Illinois as a Jeep but when the new title arrived, they had it listed as a AMC, whatever, it was titled without any hassle. About getting it dirty, you get used to it after a while. Mine is a daily driver and has seen 3 winters now, it's just the road salt that is a worry. I just try to keep it washed off underneath and when spring arrives I check for any rust spots that may have popped up, mostly on the underside. Finally got a personalized plate last year; 67 MASH.

It sounds like you've got it worked out at the DMV. I can't think of a personalized plate I'd use, as I just take the numbers and letters they give me. If I ever did personalize license plates, I'd probably put my name on it if I put that much time and effort into such a nicely finished product.

What is the discretionary tax amount for the personal plates in your state?

Great – No inspection, right?

Cool fasteddie -- I like the 67 MASH

Markness -- Our state fees = $49.75 plus standard licensing fees and your name is available in abbreviated form – Too bad you are not here in WA.

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/...e/Details.aspx

Check for availability here:
    https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/...e/default.aspx

Todd these are available now
    68 MASH
    67 MASH
    68 M715
    67 M715
    BRUTAS
    MY 715
    TIMAH
    MARKNES
    MARKNSS

No inspection for Illinois, was under 8,000# and it's not a commercial vehicle. Normal plates go for $76, renewal for the personalized is $9 more, it would be even more if it was only letters on the plate.

Wow, I cannot believe the great and original personalization that just came to my mind. Unfortunately, the website indicated that the name was invalid; dang! You had better get that "poll" thread going Fisherman.