Thread: engine and trans swap

Default engine and trans swap

Will I found a 1994 Chevy 2wd drive 3/4 ton with a TPI small block with nv4500 trans that I wanted. Know I have to find a np205 divorce t-case, Can I get a adapter for the t-case to make it a divorce t-case. Need to know on the nv4500 tall housing do I have to change it.

I don't know if you can easily make a married T-case into a divorced one. Insert favorite wife joke here. I got my divorced NP205 at a pick and pull yard from an early 70's IH pickup for just a few bucks. Look for any fullsized IH pickup or travelall from the 70's and it should have a divorce mount 205. Get the crossmember it bolts too also to help mount it in your truck.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Can't say as I have seen any adapters to make a transfer case a divorce unit either. It's most likely cheaper to just find a 205 and use it. Of course if you are doing a complete driveline swap, a married NV and t-case may be the way to go as well....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I think you've got the 2wd 4500 and a married 205 off something else you want to adapt to the 4500 right? If so, I think you can find the adapters maybe, but it will be way less expensive to buy a divorced case like you mentioned above. I don't think the height of the tranny is an issue although I think there is a situation with moving the hole in the tranny cover. The guys running this tranny will be better to answer that question.

I found np205 divorce t-case, know I just wanting on the weather to get a little bit warmer.