Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost There

Default Almost There

I'm almost finished with the mods i've been doing to my M715... I'll post some pics so you can tell me what you think...

this is my M715 in 2006

installing the new diffs dana 70 rear and dana 60 front, and the fabtech coilover suspension.

installing the new th400 transmission, np241 transfer case and new chevy 454.

the new big block.

the engine has a plate that says "454 designed by tonawanda engines"... do any of you know what that is... is there something different in this engine????

this is it almost finished...

another pic

i'm thinking of a new color... can't be od... any suggestinos???

The coil-over is the way to go, nice job! If you dont want green, my opinion is to keep it on the lite side of grey.

Looks real good. I don't know if I could drive a truck that actaully had suspension travel. It just would feel right to be comfortable on bumps.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Kind of like the first time I drove a M60A3 tank at Ft. Hood. I was used to my '82 Toyota 4x4 and new how fast it could take big obstacles. The M60 didn't even know they were there. SPEED was added in a hurry and it was great to go over and through things that would have stopped the Toyota cold. 30 mph across a rutted field and not feeling it is great. At least until you do the same thing at 31 mph and break a torsion rod. Then the rest of the crew hates your guts, you are stuck under the darned thing fixing it and you don't get any food the rest of the weekend.
    Your results may vary.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Nice looking build there Alex!

About all Big Block Chevy engines had or have a decal on them with some reference to Tonawanda.

The Tonawanda Chevrolet plant is where all the Big Blocks were manufactured for years. The older stuff had a valve cover decal that read: Chevrolet Tonawanda The Number 1 Team.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

If not OD how about a dark green metal metalic like the Emerald Green from the 1997-1998 Jeep TJ's. If not that I think a silver or black would look pretty sweet.