Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Project "seats"

Default Next Project "seats"

Ready To Start The Next Project Need Seats Got New Bottom Covers But Need Backs And One Set Of Springs Can Any One Help Me Out? I Mean Know Of Any Ly'in Around Or A Source For That Stuff ?? Johnny

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Do you have the frames?

If so, use 3/4" plywood for the back and base and then some 4" high-density foam for the bottom and 2" for the back with the stock covers. I did mine that way and they are as comfortable as military seats can be made. The springs can be too bouncy from what others have said.....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

i was thinking about using plywood for my bottoms, and go to joans fabric store where $40 will get you a square yard of 4 inch thick foam, and hopefully that will work, if not ill hack apart the seat thats sitting in my doner truck.
    my signature is sweet huh?

I got new seats for the m38a1 from WEBE WEBBING, the foam in the seats is very hard , not like regular foam. if you check there site ,or ad , they refer to it as high density foam. The seats in the M38A1 are very comfortable and fantastic quality , I would not hesitate to order from them again. If you check there web site i think they just sell the foam , I not sure what kind of foam you would be able to find at the Fabric store,It always worth a try I have the spring bottoms for my M715, but will have to buy the foam and covers for the upper seat and the Mohair and covers for the bottoms.

Thanks For The In Food Stamp Ill Work On It When Its Stop Snowing!! Let Me Know If You Got A Xtra Sping Set For Just One Seat Johnny

If you still need a set of springs, the parts truck 503m715 has at my place has one set of springs. PM him to ask about it.

Both seat frames are there, but the plywood and springs are completely shot on one and I haven't torn into the other to see yet. Since one of the seats is down to just the frame, he might be willing to let the springs for the other go. PM to 503m715 if interested.

By the way, johnny rezny, please don't type in all CAPS. The system changes it to just the first letter of each word capitalized, but it's still annoying. Much obliged it you could avoid the caps.
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by sf38a1 View Post
    I not sure what kind of foam you would be able to find at the Fabric store,It always worth a try I have the spring bottoms for my M715, but will have to buy the foam and covers for the upper seat and the Mohair and covers for the bottoms.
    The fabric stores all in my area carry high density foam. It is usually green in color. The tan colored stuff is too soft and will compress too easily. VPW had the covers for the seats for around $75 if I remember correctly.

Don't pay Weebee webbing $130 for it. Not trying to knock them as they have good products, but for only $60 I purchased enough foam to do both seats and then some. Just trim the foam with an electric carving knife. They run $6 at Wal-Mart.

yea i need those spings pluz one back mines been rewelded at the back works but looks like poop shoot me some $$ see what up thanks johnny

Quote Originally Posted by johnny rezny View Post
    poop shoot
    ???? What's that got to do with an M715 seat?

Yes, a bit straighter talk is appreciated on the tech boards. Let your hair down on the B.S. board, provided you're 18+.
    -- Tim Taylor