Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Canadian build up !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze12volts View Post
    For the engine adapter .... $550 from Phoenix !!! WOW that's not cheap ... so i decide to make my own. One call to a friend ... took all measurements ( phoenix send me the drawing of the adapter 26-0368 ) and have 2 metal rings laser cut. I order them with .250 pilot holes to be sure that they will be the good size before tapping it with 3/8x24 bolts. So i will have a better ( build not bought ) adapter and it will cost under $200 with all the hardwares. Since the flywheel will cost around $1k .... that $350 rebate for the adapter will be appreciate. The only drawback is that i will have .250" of setback instead of .130" because 1/8 of metal bolting the tranny around the bellhousing make me asking question if it will be strong enough ... so when in doubt make it stronger .... so this is why the increase to .250 thickness.

Here's what il look ....

The bellhousing bolts are M10x1.5 and the tranny bolts are 3/8 NF

Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

So when you had the truck running and driving with the 6bt how did it stop with the 2.5 ton rockwell drum brakes on all four corners? I read futher back in the build you were wanting to go to disc wheel brakes, any particular reason for this?
    M715 Dreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by CE_TX View Post
    So when you had the truck running and driving with the 6bt how did it stop with the 2.5 ton rockwell drum brakes on all four corners? I read further back in the build you were wanting to go to disc wheel brakes, any particular reason for this?
    It stop real nice. Good brake modulation but had to change the master for a bigger one because it was braking but not enough in emergency situation with the stock oem unit. Why i want to upgrade .... only to have better brake ( you never have too much brake with a big truck ) I have some parts for my disk brake conversion but need to get another 2 galipers and found a massive hat rotor so i can fit a real heavy duty system .... but as you can see right now my priority is to have the truck back on the road
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Quick week update ....

The SAE adapter is almost finished ... need to tap 10x 3/8 holes but only 2 is needed for the first test fit.

Also i'm working with a buddy to have a custom built clutch with twin disk and heavy pressure plate made. They are VALAIR's distributor in Canada so they are looking to make a 14" clutch kit for the spicer 3053.
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

First try this morning ..... PERFECT fit !! Just need to countersunk for the M10 bolts and paint it .... Hope to bolt everything together next weekend.

Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Nice job--now hurry up and get it back together!
    M715 Dreamer.

Gonna be awesome!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Just finished the counterbore of the adapter. It may not look like that but it's more time consuming then what i was expected. But now the adapter is done and i'm still waiting for clutch news ..... The M715's going to my friend shop in around 3 weeks to have the powertrain and the airbags plates installed.

Last edited by Kamikaze12volts; August 20th, 2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Last fit and everything's perfect.

Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Have order the clutch assembly. Made by Valair .... rated to 750 pounds of torque 14" stamped steel ceramic .... it's essentially the same as a fuller 14" but ceramic instead of organic. They can make me a real one with dual clutch that will handle 1200 + .... but it will be too expensive for now. The priority is to have the truck running.

Have the 4" tubing , elbows and t bolts to finished the snorkel assembly and the exhaust.

My laser cut airbags plate just went in.

Order a 1g air tank be me modified for my hydrolic setup.

So the truck will soon be moving again .... soon !!!
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer