Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Canadian build up !!!

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    You do nice (and fast) work!

The air tank idea is exactly what I had in mind for my 715 when I get around to the onboard air system. Glad to see the tanks fit well.
    I used the Deuce hardware and shortened about 8" then with 1" spacer i just bolt it through the bed using 3/8 bolts
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

now i'm working on adapting the tranny to the engine and mating them to the tcase using what i have in stock ...

But i will need an SAE adapter from Phoenix Casting ... or find an Sae#2 to #3
    A freightliner FL70 flywheel and a 14" clutch

Also i hope to have respond from a guy at JP Magazine ( Pete Trasborg ) about the flange on the 205 that will allow stock 1500 series driveshaft to be bolted. ( will need two of them )

This is the flange needed ---)

Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

I just ordered a flange from http://www.redbarncustoms.net to bolt a stock deuce driveshaft to a NP205, they can do custom work so you might want to give them a try. They specialize in rockwell stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by spgirard30 View Post
    I just ordered a flange from http://www.redbarncustoms.net to bolt a stock deuce driveshaft to a NP205, they can do custom work so you might want to give them a try. They specialize in rockwell stuff.
    It's exactly what i was looking for ....... will give them a call next week !!
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

For the engine adapter .... $550 from Phoenix !!! WOW that's not cheap ... so i decide to make my own. One call to a friend ... took all measurements ( phoenix send me the drawing of the adapter 26-0368 ) and have 2 metal rings laser cut. I order them with .250 pilot holes to be sure that they will be the good size before tapping it with 3/8x24 bolts. So i will have a better ( build not bought ) adapter and it will cost under $200 with all the hardwares. Since the flywheel will cost around $1k .... that $350 rebate for the adapter will be appreciate. The only drawback is that i will have .250" of setback instead of .130" because 1/8 of metal bolting the tranny around the bellhousing make me asking question if it will be strong enough ... so when in doubt make it stronger .... so this is why the increase to .250 thickness.
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

I missed what your plans are, sorry. Would a deuce flywheel fit your needs? I have some extra. Also, the trans to motor on a deuce has an adapting plate(to go to a bigger circumference), I bet I have one of those too if it would help. I second redbarncustoms, good guys there.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Your build is great, I am starting mine with a Cummins and a Fuller 6spd from a Ford F800.

Does your 14.00 XL's source have any more tires?. I plan on running the same tire.

Yes they have more and sometime they received new never mounted 14.00 XL

Call Ken from Kublos Surplus at (570) 663-2805 It's a great guy and his prices are real good.

http://www.kublossurplus.com/
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Quote Originally Posted by gimpyrobb View Post
    I missed what your plans are, sorry. Would a deuce flywheel fit your needs? I have some extra. Also, the trans to motor on a deuce has an adapting plate(to go to a bigger circumference), I bet I have one of those too if it would help. I second redbarncustoms, good guys there.
    Thanks for the offer but i have the adapter you are talking about but the have an odd bolt pattern on the engine side.

I order mine today .... laser cut to my specification.

Let me check for the flywheel ... i'll take mesurement this weekend about the size and teeths
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Thanks for the tire info.