Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian build up !!!

Also .... i was really amazed because with the 11.00r20 i can easily turn the steering wheel even without moving ... ok it's not on the pavement but it's easier turning the truck now with those big rubbers instead of the oem size wheels . And when drivng it .... ( doesn't go more then 20 mph ) the steering feel strong and it's not even moving or giving any bumpsteer .. Finally i'm not sure that i will rush to install a power steering unit .... probably will wait for the cummins swap
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Looking really good. COngratulations on the build. One thing i have not even thought about until now. When you spring over the front what are you doing to the rear to compensate so you will not have the front higher than the rear? Didn't seem like you did anything on your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by gun512 View Post
    Looking really good. COngratulations on the build. One thing i have not even thought about until now. When you spring over the front what are you doing to the rear to compensate so you will not have the front higher than the rear? Didn't seem like you did anything on your pics.
    For now i have done nothing since i"m not on a level ground but i will keep it that way until i install the 6BTA under it .... the front should lowered by itself.

At first i had thinking removing leaves at each corners but it would be impossible with rockwell since i'm having around 4" between the top of the rockwell to the rear under bed crossmember .... so if i'm dropping it another 2" and put some stuff into the bed , for sure the rock and crossmember will meet. With rockwells you have good points because you have no angle in your driveshaft and can made a flat belly from the front diff to the rear ... but they recommended for a normal truck 10" of lift before installing those diffs. On the M715 doing only a springover is enough is you are not going more then 42"

So i will be able to give you more levelling answers maybe in two weeks ... because i need to bring the truck to the alignement shop ( adjust the toe-in / out ) and want to check the parallelism of those two diffs. Then to my friend shop for tube bending and some other fab part .... the floor is perfectly level in one spot so i will be able to take good mesurements and levelling
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Yeah forgot about the cummins. I am putting a cummins in mine as well. Mine weighed 1035lbs that is including the pallet it was sitting on. I thought about rockwells but no need for me. Too big and too low gearing for on the road. They are good axles though, and for there strength they are cheap. That is about what everybody runs in the mountains where i am from. Alot of the guys go with the Overson Engineering 2" chrome moly 47 spline axles as well. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I thought you were gonna drive over that car at the beginning!

Big truck...looking and sounding GREAT!

I think that those M715 should have diesel from factory .... i love the sound of gaz motor but that cummins sound just like it belongs to that truck. With the A618 and .70 of overdrive i will be fine for running 50 mph without problems. I will be using the M715 for hauling a car trailer with my rockcrawling truck on it. But if needed i can alway took the 715 to the rescue ..........

And yes it's big .... the 404 Mog just look small
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

There is a pretty sizeable group that agree on the factory diesel for these trucks...

The Mog must be pretty limited offroad with that "chin"...or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    There is a pretty sizeable group that agree on the factory diesel for these trucks...

The Mog must be pretty limited offroad with that "chin"...or am I missing something?
    It was used for pushing snow .... i don't have done nothing on it yet because i need to finished the 715 first. This winter i will work on the Mog and return it to is real purpose ,,, real offroading army truck .
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Oh, I see....I bet it could push a bunch!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

That is a great looking build!

Just curious, what is the measurement to the bottom of the front bumper from the ground? Looks like you are up there pretty good.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™