Thread: Suspension Status?

Default Suspension Status?

Interested in buying a 715, need to know if stock suspension is worthy of pulling a 36' 5th wheel Toy Hauler around with no modifications? I need something that will not get as easily stuck as my 99 F350 4x4? Hoping this 715 will carry the load. Thanks

It'll do it, but at 45-50 and no faster(with out mods).
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I'm sure the M715 stock suspension would be suitable for hooking up to the toy hauler. However, there are many other variables to consider; motor specs., gearing, comfort, fuel economy, etc. I'm sure you've done some research on this site and understand the speed ratings and other function specific nuances of the M715.

As far as not getting stuck, I'd assume that the only difference you'd expect to see in the stock M715 vs. the F350 is the weight distribution, as the M715 is a shorter framed vehicle. Of course, I don't know how your F350 is set-up, but I personally don't experience much difference between the two truck types in terms of getting stuck, except for the aggressive tire tread difference used on my M715 vs. the road friendly tire on my F350.

If I were looking to pull a toy hauler for weekend excursions, but am having problems getting stuck, I'd look into lockers for the axles and an aggressive tread on a modern truck. Opting to purchase a stock M715 for the specific purpose of pulling a 5th wheel doesn't sound prudent.