Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More progress on Mike's parts truck

Thumbs up More progress on Mike's parts truck

Got the bed off today.

Nick is standing on the bumper of my M715 watching my neighbor driving his father-in-law's tractor to help me lift the bed off. The bed was *just* heavy enough to lift the front tires of the tractor off the ground, so Nick became our ballast, riding in the bucket.

The bed is now resting on the ground nearby. I'm afraid the only salvageable parts of it will be the storage doors, the left side panel and some floor panels.
    -- Tim Taylor

your parts truck looks a lot better than my good truck lol

Tim, how does the cab look other than the area behind drivers seat. I cant remember.

Looking at pictures of that cab compared to the one in my garage. That one looks like it would be easier to repair if just the drivers floor is bad.

Approx what does the bed of a 715 weigh in at?

600-700 lbs has been stated before by several who have taken one off...

That cab looks pretty sad. I'm trying to figure out how to pull the front mount bolts off--the heads have rusted so badly there's no hex shape to them any more and being recessed as they are, it's going to be tough to get vice grips or such on them....

The rocker panels look okay, but there's some rust on the back ends. I'll look more closely later today. The fresh air intake is stuffed full of wet leaves, dirt and moss that I haven't cleaned out yet. The moss indicates it's been there quite a while though, so there's no telling how bad that is.

I'll look through it more closely later today and let you know, and send some detail pictures.
    -- Tim Taylor

Tim......what kind of shape are the rear passenger side tail light brackets in .......if they are not all bent up.........and your wanting to part with them......I would be interested!

Folks: Check with Mike (503m715) about any parts you may be interested in. Work it out with him and he'll let me know. I've told Mike I'll send the parts as he directs. But it's his truck and up to him what he wants to sell/give away/scrap.

Thanks!
    -- Tim Taylor

Tim, does it by any chance have a factory heater?