Thread: Brake Problem

Default Brake Problem

I would like to thank everyone for all their help recently. I currently have one more question... I was backing my m715 off of a trailer and I went and pushed the brakes and something sounded like it slipped or maybe broke and my brake pedal went straight to the floor. It is now a free floating pedal. I have checked the assembly and it is still in one piece. I opened the master cylinder and it was empty. Any Ideas? Could I have broken a wheel cylinder? Anything would help. Thanks

The spring that pulls the pedal back up probably came out of the hole it is anchored in OR it broke...

I had my stock one do that and I managed to find a good one on a civilian Jeep truck that is still strong. If you look for one that way, 1963-73 Full Size Jeeps with the same pedal and steering wheel as the M715...yep, they used 'em too...and take that spring...its not real long but its fairly wide across the body of it...make ure you don get one that is weak...

Well you should see the wet spot where the fluid leaked from, either around a backing plate or along the lines in the frame. Had you checked the brake fluid level before was it full? You might have to add some an pump it to see where its leaking from, the return spring might be broken also if the pedal doesnt want to return up by iteslf. Antelope valley truck parts has the return springs and wheel cyls also if you need any.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Similar Threads

1. Ignition problem on 230
    By The_French_Guy in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 13th, 2010, 02:25 PM
  2. Got a problem.
    By fng in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: December 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
  3. bluesman2a : SOLVED: Strange brake problem...
    By bluesman2a in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 02:07 AM
  4. fisherman : Brake line pressure switch for brake lights.
    By fisherman in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 12:33 AM
  5. Brake Line Problem?
    By fisherman in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2007, 10:13 AM