Thread: Military bench seats

Keep me posted. I might be interested. I want seating for 3 (2 adults and 1 child in the center) in the cab and plan to mount 3 stock style folding seats accros the bed with the backs to the cab under the roll bar. With the two from my cab I might be interested in one or both or your seats. Depends on what I find for in the cab. Have you seen any postings/pictures on how the batteries get relocated under the hood? My truck is all stock so I still have the need for both batteries.

Hey Brewtus,
    I havnt seen too many pics of the battery relocations, but I know a few have done it. Post up in the Modified section...ask for some pics and the guys will show you how they have done it.
    I have plans to mount mine in the bed...in a large tool/lock box along with an air comp. More security that way and I am trying to get more weight in the rear to help out the ride. Ill let you know when I find some seats, J

Here's how the Forest Service had done mine. The only problem is that it would be in the way of the heater.

Shame on me....Tech in the For Sale forum! I'll copy this part of the thread to Modified.
    -- Tim Taylor

I have moved my single battery around the truck I think 5 times now. Center console stock, firewall like the above picture, next to the radiator, next to the radiator facing a different direction and behind the passenger seat. Hmm, I guess I only moved it 4 times.

There is room for a battery to fit behind the stock seats on each side. They will fit behind a HUMMV seat as well. Here is mine:

I think the best location besides stock though is under the bed on the passenger side. Lots of room and out of the way. Install a slave cable recepticle and you won't have to crawl under the truck to jump it either. I can't put mine there because that is where my OBA air tanks are.

The biggest problem with behind the seat is that the soft top frames and bows will not fit together behind there like they were meant to. Either the bows or the frames will fit fine, but not all 4 pieces at the same time.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I like where mine are...in a box in the front of the bed that is big enough to hold the batteries on one end and tools/straps/etc on the other BUT still low enough to be below the bed rails and low enough to lower the troop seats over the top of it...can still haul lumber and other oversize stuff.

I used through the firewall type connectors on the drivers side of the box to hook the battery cables to...thus I can hook jumper cables right there. I hooked 4 connectors so 2 are the + and - for the 24V batteries and there are 2 there for 12V already...plan to put in a 12V alt and battery in the future for other stuff, like electric winch. still plenty of room in the box.

I rhino lined it inside and out too...just because.

Hey Jon,
    That sounds pretty close to what I had planned. If you get a chance could you post up some pics. Thanks much, Jay

Its deeply buried in snow till about April....

10-4 on the hibernation Jon. At the rate Im going it will be about then till I get mine situated. Thanks, J

Remind me then....