Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fording kit..

Default Fording kit..

Whats all with it??

Im going to go and check out this kit. I was told its a complete NOS fording kit still in original box. What all should come with it?

big blue oval= Ford? ... i think he forgot the

PM sent for fording kit info

Fording kit will be the intake an exh stacks, a fording valve and bracket, the operating cable an data plate, hose to go from snorkel to air cleaner, template for cutting hole in drivers f fender, small asst. of hardware for everything, another breather hose, 2 part, for the fording valve, and installation instructions. If you have the hood mounted air cleaner some of the parts wont be correct as all the fording kits were packaged and designed before the air cleaner change came. But you can make it work its not much different. You would have to re-use your orignal breather hose(cut it for the fording valve) and find a longer hose to go from snorkel to air cleaner. Finally its ok to locate an mount the fording exh stack BUT DONT leave it there it wasnt designed to stay and the mounting WILL tear away from the screen if you leave it on, I ruined 2 before I learned that, now I just put it on for a show an take it back off agian.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Ditto on the expanded steel cage on the exhaust stack. Lame design.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

From the Manuals link above, this is in the -20 manual...pics and description of the fording system along with all the parts:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=20chap3-3

In the parts manuals from '68 or '71 the parts breakdown shows an extra part from the kit, a cup and clamp which are supposed to be placed over the condensate drain on the hood mounted air cleaner, I have never been able to obtain these parts for mine. Oddly they never issued a longer hose for air cleaner to snorkel either.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

well Does anyone sell the fording kit COMPLETE hardware kit? Im missing quite a few things and I cant tell from the manual pic exactly what the micro pieces are. I have the main valves and hoses but fittings and what nots I dont.

Was going to try to tackle this today but looks like im just going to put it all back in the bag

I dont know of anyone who sels the whole kit anymore...

bummer.. guess ill have to improvise!

If you can figre out what you have so you can figure whats missing, you can shop places like VPW, who, last ime I was there, had some of the stuff for the fording kit but not complete kits anymore...