Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Default Insurance

I did a search under "Insurance Company" and "Insurance," but didn't really see anything that fit my question, if its been discussed before I apologize. I am looking for just regular old need-to-have it to get a license plate liability insurance. I tried Geico first (my insurance for 3 other vehicles), but both times I called, they basically said tough luck, we can't do it (that's between regular, commercial, and specialty.) I also tried a few specialty places, but I can't keep it in my garage, and don't want to be told to where or when I can drive it. The only company that gave me a quote so far was Progressive Commercial (apparently fire wood collection qualifies.) They quoted $520/year which is a little more than I wanted to spend. I also left a message at Gulfway, no call back yet (found it in the search.) Any other ideas? Or is that a decent price? Thanks

I use Progressive (also where I have my other vehicles) and all I told them was that it was a 1967 Jeep Pickup and that was good enough for them. The VIN threw them for a loop, but I insisted that is what it was and they accepted it. I think my rate is about $35 a mo (liability only), but I will have to check (note: I am in TX, so rates maybe different than PA). It is also listed as occasionally driven.
    1967 M715
    2010 SVT Raptor

I know it always depends on "who, what, where" when it comes to insurance but I insured my '715 for $337 a year. It is listed as casual use, less then 5,000 miles per year.

I asked a similar question long ago and followed the "its a 67 kaiser jeep pickup" line and just insisted that the vin# was unusual because they only made them for commercial and farm use. I'm currently insured in NYS by Allstate, the insurance card reads Kaiser jeep pickup model unknown. Cost
    ~$300 /yr for basic.

I tried the It's just a jeep pickup truck thing with 2 outfits, didn't fly too well- The local State Farm guy (actually it was a girl I went to high school with, but that's beside the point) quoted $428 for 6 months, Gulfway hasn't called back yet.... Pick the truck up tomorrow, hopefully I'll get some pictures on.

Thats about what I pay in Chicago area with State Farm for a 725. Though mine is a daily driver and they said they had to classify it as a commercial vehicle.The 66 Chevelle I have insured with them is a limited use vehicle and only costs about $75 a year.

I have mine through State Farm.......and it is only $156 a year......I have 3 other vehicles, a commercial dump truck and my house thru them........and live in Kansas........that may be why mine is so reasonable. When I called it in.....I listed it as an antique...and it was only gonna cost me $96 a year, but they said it had to be used for parades and such.......with less than 250? miles a year.......so I put liablility only on it for now...........

I have mine through State Farm as well, it's a stated value policy $25K. I think it was less than $100. I had to furnish pictures (no problem), have reciepts (no problem), keep it in a garage (no problem), and not use it as a primary vehicle (no problem).

I think I get 5000 per year, but who can afford to drive one of these trucks THAT much with gas at $3+/gallon!?!?

Interesting you had a problem with Geico, because I have mine insured through them. Listed as a Jeep pickup, I don't know off-hand how much it costs, as I have two other vehicles on the policy also. . .