Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 nerds wanted

Default 6.2 nerds wanted

ha, hey how do i get the timing right on the injecter pump? thanks guys. hopefully it will run now
    my signature is sweet huh?

Go to your local auto parts store and by a Hanes manual for a 1986 Chevy truck. Don't get a Chiltons, they are junk. Make sure the manual covers the 6.2.

If you don't want to do that, go over to Steel Soldiers and look in their TM section. The -30 or maybe even the -20 on the CUCV will have the procedure stepped out so an 8th grader can figure it out.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Jester Guest

It's sort of tricky. You want to make sure the timing chain hasn't jumped, then line up the marks on the gears with the marks on the pump, then push it in place during a solar eclipse, and she should fire right up.

oh. ha lol, so it has markings on it i guess. all right, ill try and get it running tomarrow, our powers out at our shop from the storm, so i couldent do anything today

There are marks on the top of timing chain cover were pump bolts up. Line up mark on top of pump housing to center mark on T.C. cover. The other marks on T.C cover are to make adjustments if there is slack in the chain. These marks are useful when engine smokes when cold. If there is a smoke problem, make sure the cold advance on pump is working, if so you can [looking from rear of engine] move the pump to the left. This usually compensates for the slack in chain and clears up the smoke.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
    It's sort of tricky. You want to make sure the timing chain hasn't jumped, then line up the marks on the gears with the marks on the pump, then push it in place during a solar eclipse, and she should fire right up.
    I thought I'd heard that it was only possible when all 9 planets were aligned.....

ok, sweet. i changed it out, my motor dosent have a chain its all gear driven. im not shure if its going to fire, im going to try it out tomarrow.

i found out that my motor is a 6.2 J series crate motor. which is cool i guess becouse it dosent have a erg valve, and it suposed to have more power. but ya, it still dosent run

If this is the first time for this engine to run, take your time starting it. First bleed all the air out of fuel filter, crack the lines loose at the injectors and crank engine until fuel comes out of lines. Close the lines and crank it , this may take a little time. Just don't overheat the starter. Crank a little, then let starter cool off for a couple of minutes between cranks.

ok, no this motor i think has been ran before.

im going to have to bleed all the lines though anyway becouse i put a new injecter pump on it. but i ran into another problem. i have the motor on the stand, and it wont pick up any fuel. i have the hoses going to the water seperator off, and the macanical pump isnt getting the fuel through the lines, i might try a electric fuel pum so i can get it started.