Thread: Rim question

N. Liberty Iowa- 41deg 44' 48" N, 91deg 36' 36.4" W

Question Rim question

I was poking around and found a web site selling rims with tires still mounted on them from a deuce and a half. I didn't book mark or wright down the site but if I found it once I should be able to find it again. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I recall the deuce uses a 38" dia. tire mounted on a 9x20 rim. The pics. I've seen of the deuce and those that the site was showing for their inventory are of a wide spaced 6 bolt pattern. Is it the same 6x 7.75(?) w/a 5.5"(?) hub that my m715 uses? The site was advertising 150$ per rim/tire combo but they didn't say any thing of the rubber condition. The rubber on my truck is almost to a drag slick. I'm just trying to gather info. to asses my options.
    M-715's as big as FSJ's come

No other vehicle in the armys inventory used the same wheel fit pattern. Even the m-101 trailer required that the 715 towing it carried a wheel adapter so if it had a flat the 715 spare could be used.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Pretty much no other wheel at all uses the same lug pattern with the M715. Sorry...

Nice try though!
    -- Tim Taylor

The M35 lugs are 8-3/4" center to center of opposite studs. If you look at my avator, you can see how the XZL 11.00-16 tires on the M715 are just as tall as the 9.00-20 NDT's on the M35.

There are places out there that sell new 9.00-16 NDT's for around $100. So, don't get sucked into a rim that won't fit deal thinking it is a good buy.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post

There are places out there that sell new 9.00-16 NDT's for around $100. So, don't get sucked into a rim that won't fit deal thinking it is a good buy.
    Could you share one of those places??? The best I could find so far is around $200 a tire for the original type NDT's.

N. Liberty Iowa- 41deg 44' 48" N, 91deg 36' 36.4" W

Thanks, I wasn't going to move on the rim/tire combo until I knew for fact it would work, it won't and I'll forget about it.
    M-715's as big as FSJ's come

Wallace Wade tire,$139.89 tube $15.95

Lets see. Most of my good sites are saved at work. Just looking through the MV magazine that showed up yesterday, I see that Sam Winer motors in Akron has M715 rims for $55.

A place I have never hear of Lucasclassictires.com has brand new 9.00-16's for $159 each.

Universaltire.com says they have new ones, but don't list a price.

Same with bergtires.com

and coker.com

walacewade.com has new 9.00-16 ones for $139.89 with free flaps even.

I have been looking at M35 stuff lately, so I don't know when the price of 9.00-16 tires went over $100 each. But, I know they were less than $100 each when I was thinking about how to re tire mine a year or so ago. Something else to think about is the M37 parts places. Same tires. Places such as adirondackdodgeparts.com or midwestmil.com or vpw.

I didn't see any naked cows. Joe, did you buy an add this month?

Sorry for the wrong info on tire prices. But, as soon as I found my XZL's, I basically started ignoring 9.00-16 NDT prices.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw