Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radial Buckshot Mudders???

Cool Radial Buckshot Mudders???

Is anyone out there running the new 305/85R 16 Radial Buckshot Mudders? If so what do you think of them? They are supposed to be a little over 36" tall and 10" wide. They look like a pretty decent tire.

I have had two sets of these and have been very happy with them. They last about as long as other tires but aren't very loud and wear evenly. The 36" tall isn't right though, more like 34.5". They are a very nice fit on stock rims.

Thanks Green Goat......................I appreciate the info.........did you have the Maxxis mudders.........or the radial buckshot mudders......I understand the later......is a new tire that maxxis is making..........and is supposed to be a true 36" tall.......????

It is the buckshot mudder but it doesn't measure 36". In my opinion anything under 36" looks a little short for the big fender wells but it is not that noticeable until you are looking straight on at the side of the truck.

This was the only pic I have of the truck on the computer with these tires. It was taken just beore starting on axle swap. I can take some more of them on 10" rims just for comparison.

Your truck looks awesome Green Goat.............Well I ordered a set of them 305/85R/16's........So I hope they know what they are talking about on the height!....I had read other post's about the size of the buckshot mudders........not being 36" tall........and this guy guaranteed me that they were over 36"...That is the new ones...they have out.....Guess we will find out.....love to see some more pics of your truck. I am trying to decide what color to paint my truck.........OD green for sure.........but leaning towards the camo......as you did

Thanks for the compliment and let me know what the measurements are on the new tires. I will be buying some more if they are 36" or bigger. Are you going to stud them? I lived in Colorado when I had the first set and the studs were great when I was plowing with it. Then when I moved back to Texas I could cruise over the ice here easy, but used to get people telling that my tire was on fire or that I had a nail in my tire.

Duckhunter,

Where did you get your Buckshots from?

Dave

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Actually many tires are slightly smaller than their claimed height. My Dunlop 31's on my Bronco measure at about 30" and the Goodyear 33's on a friend's XJ measure in at 31.5".

That also depends on rim size and air pressure.
    "We are here for the meeting!"