Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transfercase wish

Default transfercase wish

I wish that company like stak or Atlas would build a tcase that not only had a underdrive but also an overdrive. They make a 4 speed tcase why not give me at least one lousy overdrive gear in there...geez. Sry for the rant.

I have wished the same thing for quite a while...most stock trucks have the top end gearing we dont so most people arent in the need for the overdrive part like us...but it would be SWEEEET!!!

Granted.

http://www.stak4x4.com/3speed.htm

We offer multiple gear ratios for the Monster Box Transfer Case. The 3-speed transfer case gear options are as follows:

5.44:1, 3.05:1, and 1:1
    4.33:1, 2.43:1, and 1:1
    3.75:1, 2.05:1, and 1:1
    0.79:1, 4.33:1, and 1:1

N. Liberty Iowa- 41deg 44' 48" N, 91deg 36' 36.4" W

Now where's that 2700$ I absent-mindedly sent some were; maybe I dropped it in the couch cushings...
    I definitely have one more thing to dream about and drool over.
    M-715's as big as FSJ's come

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    ...most stock trucks have the top end gearing we dont so most people arent in the need for the overdrive part like us...
    Even in my '97 Ford F350 (PSTD, ZL5spd w/ 4.10:1) there is a need for an overdrive with the speed limits up to 75 mph on many interstates. When I drive to IA each Xmas, I long for another top end gear for the fuel economy and excessive wear due to the high rpm's. I'm just not patient enough to go 65 mph.

I've looked at a couple companies for split gearing, but it doesn't seem like enough "high-end" benefit for the money. I'd like to have two additional overdrive gears for when I'm running 80 in a 75 mph zone.

I think the demand is in the marketplace, but should be pushed by the light truck manufacturers. I won't buy a new truck until I'm satisfied with the gearing options. If it means 12 speeds, so be it. Until then, I'll drive the '97 until the body falls off.

I think the two companies I looked at were Gear Vendor and US Gear or somebody out of Chicago.

scary even with .85 od tranny, that .79 od Tcase, 37"tires, stock 5.89 gears. It would run at 2500rpm/70mph!!! 800 rpm more than I would like it for a cummins 4bt. Have to regear to 4.10. Yikes

A few months ago, I ran across an online 4x4 article that contained a guy with a "hung out" chevy blazer that reversed the gears in a standard np205 to achieve this very thing.
    I will do a bit of searching to see if I can reserect the article....in the mean time, I am sure there are a few expert gear heads that would understand the possibility of this scenario as well as it's short comings. (if any)
    I will post a link to this info upon re-discovery.

Coop

" Found it"......it ends up being a reversed 203 in a 203/205 doubled configuration.

http://www.bc4x4.com/fv/2002/hulk/

I've been keeping an eye on the stak guys. That OD case has been "on the way" for over 2 years now. I'm not entirely sure it's in production at this point.

If it were, I would pull my doubler setup and put one in my truck...

That blazer is really inspirational, wow. Thats some imagination and fabrication. Too bad they did not provide more info on the 203/205 reverse tcase. They might have something.