Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about stock wheels.

Well brute..whats you opinion about flipping stock wheels? I figure your the leader of the show. Id love to get your opinion.

Well...never done it but....

The bearings, especially n the rear axle, are oversize and so any added bearing load, as long as the bearings are in good shape to start with and properly installed, shouldnt be a problem...the bearings still would be over rated for the application I think.

The wheels are strong enough...

Th extra width in track would make trails for smaller Jeeps and such even tighter...depends on where you drive. Local laws maynot allow i to be driven on road if the tires hang out like that either...

Guess that covers it.

Well, im gonna give it a go tomorrow. see how it turns out get it..

Also, make sure all the rims have that feature. Some here report that their rims are not like what you describe. Should be easy enough to take off 2 lugnuts from each wheel to verify. Sorry I don't have a pic handy to show you my truck.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

There are pictures of WWII Dueces with dual wheels in the front for mud and sand operations. People like me put tires that are almost twice the weight of stock ones on M715's. Custom or non stock rims put the backspacing way far away from stock bearing loads.

I personally think if you are going to be driving around empty and you can keep from breaking a finger or two driving over ruts and rocks, then go for it. But, if you are going to load the truck up near or over max gross load then you better go back to stock or things could break or worse. You could get hurt.

Take pictures and be our test case.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Well the short drive didnt seem to be any different.. The tires stick out just a little past the flares. I kinda like it but i dont. What do you all think?? Maybe some new tires would look better but I dont know what exactly ill be running.

It certainly keeps the shackle and axle ends more protected. I'm wondering what the XL's would look like- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I kinda like the more agressive look of the rims that way....

Yeah I do too..just you can see the drums very well.. thats kinda bugging me. Maybe some 38's or whatever tires fit would spruce it up a bit? I dont know. I didnt knotice anything different about the ride. No difference in bump steer at all. and turning seemed to be the same way. SO I dig it..enought to let them sit like that for a while

I like the way it looks too.