Thread: First real drive around town.

Default First real drive around town.

Got the brakes all sorted out, goood brakes now! woohoo! As soon as I made a trip around the block for a systems check, grabbed the wife and headed to town!

We went and rented a couple of movies, got three thumbs up and one "nice ride, man" on the way. Then we cruised the sonic, not less than 4 more thumbs up and the car next to us started a conversation about "what is it" and as we sat and ate our chilidogs we watched as people stared and commented on the truck. These things are huge attention getters!

Now I just have to sort out a constant dieing problem, I suspect it's in the fuel filter but wow, what a rush to get that much feedback from just a 20 minute ride around town.

Isn't it great? I love getting the looks/waves from people - especially cool when the bikers give you the "low wave".
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!

PICS???

Congrats, Tracy. BTW, The boys had a jr high game in Decatur last thursday so we tried to swing by. My screen on my phone went blank that morning so I couldn't find your number. Anyhow, glad you're rolling. Enjoy.

It is pretty cool to get the reactions we do from our trucks. I get the thumbs up, waves, stares, and conversations that you can't seem to avoid but I have had several that start digging for their phones and snapping pics of it. It is funny to watch them but they get so caught up in looking that they aren't watching your signals and don't let you over. Best compliment to date would be a toss up though, last night it was an 8yr. old kid at Whataburger that walked across a crowded room and picked me out as the owner just to tell me that I had an awesome Jeep or the grown man that stopped in the middle of a major street just to get a pic and ended up causing an accident.

I just can't wait for the throng's of college age women chasing me down the street wanting a ride!

PICS!!!!!

Good luck with that, man!

I remember driving my J10 down the Pennsy pike with its 9 inch lift and 35s on it!!! Not to many brave motorists cutting me off !! Lots of stares and thumbs up. Lets face it ...we crave attention !!!

Took my truck down to the Auto parts store I frequented the most during the build-up to show it off. Lo-and-behold some Science Rocketist (Arky nosepicker) comes strolling out and proceeds to inform everone standing there that "Yeah, you can buy these all day long up in Missouri for 150.00" and "We use these at the fire dept. I volunteer for and we use 'em to drive over tree's" Blah Blah Blah...I closed him off by saying "Oh yeah...well I'll rent the flatbed, we'll drive up to Missouri, and I'll buy every one that you point to for 150.00. We can split the profit too..." Jeez what an idiot.
    The 4 other guys standing there just sorta shook thier heads and counted thier shoes till the Little Rock Einstein moved away.