I have the original tornado in my M-715, and it has a bad water pump. So being the ornery bugger that I am I have decided to rebuild it knowing full well this is advertised to be difficult. I haven't managed to disassemble it yet though. You might be interested to know one of my philosophies in life is that brute force is the answer to most if not all of life's problems. So I happen to have invested in a 12 ton rated hydraulic gear puller. I snapped that puppy on the pulley and started cranking away. About the time I thought "gee, that thin cast iron web on the bottom of the pulley probably isn't going to take much more...naw one more..." Crunch, so 4 v pulley now going to be a 3 v pulley. Then I happen to figure out that the protrusion on the end of the pulley isn't the end of the shaft but part of the pulley. Yeh, yeh, act first think later isn't as recommended as think then do. So looking the thing over I finally noticed that the hole in the end of the pulley was threaded and looks to give access to the shaft. So I invested in a good ol' grade 8 and attempted to use the bolt to jack the pulley off the shaft. This time when the "gee, I bet this thing is about to break" thought happened, I stopped. Next I dropped a 1/4" rod through the tap drill hole and went back at it with the gear puller. This time I braced the claws against one of the much beefier middle grooves, And lashed them in place with a chain wrench. But some were before the gear puller achieved its advertised 24,000 lbs of thrust the cute little rod I was using started turning into a rivet. So I stopped while I could still get it out of the hole. I switched gears a bit here. I clamped onto the "square" extension on the end of the pulley in a post vice. Next I got hold of the impeller with the chain wrench and tried to give a twist. It moved, I was thrilled. My hope being that if I could free one end of the shaft or the other it would simply slide free of the housing. Any way twisting the impeller about on the shaft while applying some leverage I did get the impeller off with out any fuss. But some thing is still restraining the shaft from just sliding out of the pump housing. I did try a little nudge with the gear puller, but when the case started to flex I quit. On to my worst, I decided that the rod through the hole to the shaft was a good idea. So recreated the set up using a 1/4" spring steel rod and started cranking away. I'm a machinist and I can recreate the pulley if I destroy it. True it would not be 100% stock but it would be fully functional. Any way cranking away with out abandon on this gear puller. Getting a lot closer to that 12 ton out put and I noticed that man I'm squashing the spring steel rod too. Wait I can get just a little nastier yet. Heat can break down rust maybe expand the pulley a little (the shaft also but hey worth a try right?) Yes I went at the pulley with an oxy-propane cutting torch, only heating no cutting. One enough heat had transferred through out that the entire pump was smoking I decided to back off before I would melt the cast aluminum case. Any one have some advice for me. An exploded view of the thing would be great. The only advice I find is so and so will do it for me for xxx$. I'm very determined to rebuild this thing for my self for that ego boosting "feeling of accomplishment".