Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My '715 has arrived - I'm not a happy trooper!

LMFAO! Lower voltage spins slower but last longer. ^ volt ford tractors are fine. Hell I guess we need to jump into harley kick starters! At least that would be an argument for the convert, lazy. The bottom line converting to 12 volt is not "easier" its a lot of work and money.Not tomention loss of worth and its not waterproof. I mentioned this thread was stock tech right?

Rboltz,
    I thought maybe I could cheer you up with a good story? I was expecting mine to be an M715 with a seized up motor and needing all kinds of work. I was also expecting to pay about 1500$ for it. Well after a couple cases of beer to my buddies for the help, I got her home last week. Turns out she's kind of a rare M726 (1 of 8 in the registry) with almost no rust at all! I started playing around with her sunday and noticed 22K on the odo and a newly rebuilt motor. All the 24 volt stuff is intact and original. It turned out all I needed to do was add gas and batteries (the 24 vlt way ) and she fire right up! I couldnt believe it. All she needs is a brake master cylinder rebuild. ALL the lights and gauges even work! Anyway, long story short, I ended up getting her for free.

Just thought you might like to hear a story with a happy ending to cheer you up. I really am sorry to hear about your raw deal though. Good luck.
    -Osok

Oooooooooooooooo - I hate you. Well, really I'm wildly envious of you, but I still hate that I'm not you.

Osok you are cruel! You better post up some pics after that! In another thread though,LOL.

The main reason for the 24 volt system is for the commo gear. After the truck is finished, my up and running AN/GRC-142 shelter will be put on the truck. Need the 24 volt system for those times where it will run off the truck electrical system. Other times it runs off AC or the trailer mounter generator.

I have located most of the items I need to go back to 24 volt. Lots of work but worth it. The other mechanical issues will be tackled over the winter as well as body and paint. Once finished, I'll post pictures.

Thanks for all the comments!

I took some OE gauges small onces) in on trade some time ago that I'm sure will get lost, crushed or otherwise not-used while in my posession. I'd be happy to box them up and ship 'em to you for shipping cost.

How's your headlight rings? Steering wheel center cover? Any other small parts I may include in the "C.A.R.E. package"?

The OTHER Bob.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Hey, you told me you needed that gauge when I sent it to you all those years ago with the distirbutor.

Just kidding. Stock gauges are the same as all the other military vehicles out there newer than about 1955 or so with the Packard fittings on the back. Just be sure and match the temp and oil gauges with the proper sender for them.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I eventually squared up with you on shipping, right? Had it curriered down to a recent FE?
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Yeah, Will deducted it from my "Spring Water" tab. I really was just joking since I remember a gauge, but not which one or how many or if it/they even worked.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw