Thread: Racial slurs

Default Racial slurs

There have been a few posts lately that contained words deemed derogatory to another race. They have been removed from the board and will not be tolerated on this site...just as they shouldn't be tolerated anywhere.

Under the FAQ link up top, you can find the Site Rules.

Under offensive language, it states there will be a 1 month suspension of posting privileges for violations of the policy.
    In this situation, I have not applied that penalty BUT going forward, I, and the other Moderators and Administrators of the site WILL.

Repeat offenses will be banned.

If the initial offense is grievous enough, then banning may occur immediately.

There is no room for this here...EVER!

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,
    Jon 'brute4c' Schmidt

I have edited the FAQ Rules as follows...underlining added for emphsis:

No Offensive or Threatening Language
    Posting language should be like spoken language....if you wouldn't want your children saying it, don't post it. We do not want to give a bad impression to new members, magazines that might cover us, parts suppliers who might not advertise here, etc. If such language is used, especially if it is directed toward other persons, you will be given a 1 month suspension of posting privileges. This includes racial slurs. Repeated offenses will result in being banned. Note that if a first offense if deemed grievous enough, banning will occur at that time.
    If you threaten another member and/or their family or friends, etc. with injury and or death, YOU WILL BE BANNED. There is no place on this site for such behavior.
    Character assassination will not be tolerated. In the past there have been occasions where one party in a transaction feels they were shorted in a deal. If such a thing happens to you AND you are posting to give the FACTS of the problem to warn others of a possible ripoff they should avoid, that is allowed and in my opinion a valuable source of info to prevent further members from becoming victims. If on the other hand, you want to post that so and so is a big fat blankity blank because he did such and such, take it off the boards. If an argument ensues between the parties, even if they are discussing the facts, it will be removed.

I'm not trying to be funny here I just want clarification. Does this include the word and term redneck?
    Zone holster maker

Joe, while Redneck may be able to be used in a derogatory manner, I don't believe it is racial.

Also, remember that "racial" extends to nationality (current, original, AND ancestral) in this context. One can easily offend a nationality without specifically referring to their race. I could give specific examples, but I don't want a suspension of priveledges.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011