Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shortened wheelbase

Default shortened wheelbase

i have notice a few of you have a shortened bed. where did you cut? was it right after the rear spring shackle? info? pics? input? all is welcomed

thanks

Arrow 14 inches ?

If I remember right while looking at what others did, I think you can remove about 14 inches which is close to where the rear shackles stop.

This is minus 17" and about as much as you can remove before losing the stock taillight position. Somehow I'm going to squeeze in a pair of wagoneer springs turned backward with compression shackles when I'm not broke.

I will add - this does nothing for your wheelbase.

Chris

Last edited by LuckyPabst; October 1st, 2007 at 09:06 PM.

I removed 15" from in front of the wheel housing as well as behind. 111" WB

Dave, Didn't get the pics we talked about yet. Too dark by the time I got home last night.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

no problem, whenever you get a chance.

Like Lucky said, this doesn't change your wheelbase at all.
    **I heart Bump_r **

Yep. And the only time you can actually use the load carrying capacity of the truck is when you load cement, or gold. Everything else will be too long for the dinky box. Or you can make it a B715 like Doug did and do away with the load carrying capacity all together.

actually thats exactly what im goin for. is one like doug's

Default me too.

I cut a section of frame out of one this spring, and shortened the rear. I got the frame back in one piece but have`nt touched it in months- - so I`ll try to get my son to take a few pictures and post them. After everybody tells me what I did wrong ( I am no mechanic or metal-worker) you will know what not to do.

Default Shortened frame pictures.

I cut this thing in two in the spring, welded it back together by June, It rained all of July, was real hot in August, was lazy in September now its Hunting season. This might work, the bolted plate is L-shaped on the bottom. The pieces that were cut-off the frame ends I welded onto the bumper to make it wider. When I get the bed cut down , I want the bumper to stick-out a few inches to protect the tail-gate. Guys if you see something bad wrong let me know before its to late. This was pretty easy to do so far, I did have to buy a welder and learn how to use it, I think I like it! Hope this helps one way or another.