Thread: Tire Prices

Default Tire Prices

Hey Y'all, Fishermans new wheels have given me the bug for some new tires/wheels. (thanks alot Todd!)
    What would be a good price to pay for some 80% or better XL's or XZL's?
    I know some people are asking way too much for their stuff from the comments on the for sale board.
    The budget is really getting tight but if I use the "Honey, I really need them", and this time with feeling, I just might get an extension on the ole' purse strings. Dang, probably have to take her out to dinner and buy some flowers too...

I paid too much for mine, if you can get good ones no cracks and 80% or better I'd pay $600 for the 80% and on up for even better ones.

Forget the Michelins...every one I have ever seen had tiny cracks inbetween the lugs. It didn't matter whether they were used ones or like new ones. Just my observations.

I went with fresh, new Power Kings, 170 each out the door...and in my opinion, they look great!

My Michelins were used, no cracks. If the power kings came in 11x16 more people would buy them. The power kings are probably great tires, just too small in my opinion.

Don't worry about the Michelins. If tiny cracks are of a concern then get newer michelins that haven't been sitting outdoors exposed to the elements for years. I have 4 sets of michelins, 3 of which are near new and don't have the cracks that FastFrankie is so concerned with. If you want the stock look for your truck go with the a 900x16. If you want a beefy, active military look then get the 1100x16 tires. Just a matter of personal choice (and availability).

FWIW, Power King Super traction tires are made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    FWIW, Power King Super traction tires are made in China.
    Probably painted with lead based paint too.

Hey Kwai, wanna sell one of those 4 sets of near new tires?

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    ...if you can get good ones no cracks and 80% or better I'd pay $600 for the 80% and on up for even better ones.
    I agree with the $600 figure as a fair deal for a set of four 80-90% or better XLs. Shipping extra, of course, and that's the real problem!
    -- Tim Taylor

Bobby in Al. 500 shipped via Dominion. No cracks, I've put 200+ highway miles and alot of rock crawlin on them, no problems. Dont buy the myth that their old and worn out. They are by far the best fit.P.m. me I'll dig up his digits, great guy, 3 days delivered.