Thread: Cab rebuild process pics + pictures needed

Default Cab rebuild process pics + pictures needed

We finally have high-speed to reduce the pain of uploading pics, so I figured I would share a few.
    Here's how is started:

Here it is now (pre-blasting):

I rebuilt lots of parts (inner/outer rockers, floors, rear transmission hump, lower door posts, cab corners, support channels (upper/lower)) and took hundreds of pictures along the way, so if anybody needs a pic of something I probably have it.

However, there are some parts that rotted off the truck a long time ago, and I don't know what they look like. I was hoping somebody could help me out.

1. I would like to get a picture of the nut plate that holds the driver's side front seat leg - shown below (this pic is of 67 Beast's cab - thanks). I need a picture that shows a little more detail of what this plate looks like (is it flat, flanged, and approximate size?)

2. The thottle pedal stud mounting plate. This is what I currently have:

My father machined some new studs but I am not sure how they fit to the plate, and how that plate mounts to the floor.

Any pics or input would help.

Thanks,
    Brian (and Angry)

Great progress! Wow! That's a TON of work on a cab I probably would have just pitched. Good going....

This is the only helpful shot I have of the gas pedal. If you need another view, let me know. And if no one can come up with the seat nut plate, I can try to get one of that too.

-- Tim Taylor

Wow, I had to do a double take on that first pic of the cab. That is a lot of rust, and you did an amazing job redoing that floor! That looks incredible, great job.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Actually that's not a pic of my cab bottom, but I believe one of Barry's truck before he left the zone. My cab is all green on the bottom. I have to take a look through all the thousands of pics I took to see if I have a good one of that area.

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    1968 M51 Inflatable Chemical Shelter System http://www.davidallenracing.com/M51.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd

I have this on from the same set as the above one...yes they are from Barrys excellent work on that ultra clean stock truck:

You can see the mount there a little better maybe...it has a square nut welded to that plate with the edges bent up...kinda looks like a piece of box tube that was cut off almost flat to one side but left little ears for some extra strength...I *think* its like 1/4 inch thick but that is a guess from memory...

Thanks for the pics everyone. That is what I was looking for.
    -Brian (and Angry)